Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Announcing the new Buddhism forum

• 07-08-2003 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

There are five or six fora to which I would like to send a brief notice about the new forum. (Buddhism was discussed in a number of messages on each of them, so it's relevant.) Is this permitted? Shall I put [OT] in the subject line?

Is there a page for new Mods about the rules and so on? (For instance how do I add "Mod: Buddhism" to my Avatar (under the posts listing).

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That is up to the moderators of the forums in question. I see that you already posted those messages and I'd imagine there's no problem with that in general, although if the connection is particularly thin then the mod may have appreciated being consulted.

The user title was added automatically during the night. The mod control panel does not notify a user when you ban them (to answer another question I read you asking somewhere).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Heh. Well, I haven't been pilloried by Humanities and Politics yet, though CTYI's Mod was annoyed. (Actually I found the references to Buddhism on that particular board to be rather interesting, and I do hope that some of them turn up at some stage.)

So... there isn't a page for new Mods. I saw there's a Mod discussion forum in Admin, but there's no Ten Commandments there. (Not to say Noble Eightfold Path.)

I might look into digging up some old threads with useful information for mods and link to them there.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not much point asking a question here and then not waiting for the reply and doing it anyway.

The way it works is that next time I make an announcement (which should be pretty soon) I'll cover the fact that we have a Buddhism forum now.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

> (For instance how do I add "Mod: Buddhism" to my Avatar (under the posts listing).

Oops that should be CMod. Fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

And the difference between Mod and CMod is…?

'C'

Advertisement