Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow Piercing

Options
  • 08-08-2003 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I've had my eyebrow pierced 4 a while and its starting to grow out,is there any way to prevent this?or if i take it out and let my eyebrow heal can i get it pierced again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

AFAIK it wont grow out..
    I have/had my eyebrow pierced twice at each side and a few times it looked like it was gonna grow out but never did...
    I have it taken out a year now but last week i slotted a bar threw it and it went in handy..
    Btw if you let it heal most likely you wont be able to get it pierced again...

cartman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Living Legend

thanks but im not so sure its happened 2 some of my friends,and i can c the bar thru my skin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eyebrow piercings are probably the most likely of all to grow out.
    If you can see the bar through your skin it's probably very close to the upper layer of skin and will rip out easily...you have to ask yourself, would you rather keep the piercing an extra few weeks and be left with an ugly scar when it rips out, or take it out now, let it heal and get it redone?

Hell, you don't even have to let it heal, it can be pierced again close to the old hole.

the 1o that did it said i have weird eybrows r sumtin!the skin gets narrow towards the end or sumtin i duno,wud i not b able 2get it in exactly the same place when it heals?

Originally posted by Living Legend
    the 1o that did it said i have weird eybrows r sumtin!the skin gets narrow towards the end or sumtin i duno,wud i not b able 2get it in exactly the same place when it heals?

Ehm....where did you get the piercing? "weird eyebrows" lol. Sounds like an excuse for them doing a bad job on your piercing....doing it too shallow

Yeah you probably can get it pierced in same place again, just need to wait about 6 months for it to heal fully, then they can pierce just behind the scar tissue, which hopefully will act as an 'anchor' so the new piercing doesn't grow out.

• Advertisement

Steel Sensation near Connoly Station in Dublin,but its been grand no infection or anything,im fairly sure it was a good job,Ive taken knocks playing football so that probably helped it along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

I dont know if this is an urban piercing myth or not, but SUPPOSEDLY if you are prone to your eyebrow piercings growing out, you can get your eyebrow pierced, take it out, let it heal, and then get it pierced again through the scar tissue, and the scar tissue will stop the piercing migrating.

Originally posted by dragon_ninja82
    you can get your eyebrow pierced, take it out, let it heal, and then get it pierced again through the scar tissue, and the scar tissue will stop the piercing migrating.

Yeah it's true, which is why I said it in my last post here :OP

Originally posted by bedlam
    It is not guaranteed that it will not reject again.
    Yeh that's why I said 'hopefully'. I've had 2 piercings anchored this way and it did work.

Sorry eth0 man, I was kinda bolloxed last nite and didnt see that you wrote it first, my bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've had my left eyebrow pierced twice - it's not stayed in either time, but to be fair, I didn't quite go about it in the best way...

First time was at Slane when my cousin (who's nearly 4 years younger than me, but still very much a bad influence) said "cmon, we'll pierce our eyebrows!" So we got them done - WITH A GUN! I was too drunk/delerious from sun stroke to realise that this was a bad thing. Needless to say, it didn't last too long - longer than the second one though...
    I managed to get the dis-infectant stuff to keep the thing clean, so that was cool and it did last some time until I saw that it was hanging on by 2mm of skin, so I took it out.

The second one I got done in June of last year in Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green and it only lasted 2 or 3 months tops - as much my own fault. The guy who did the piercing really seemed to know what he was doing and was explaining that he was looking for nerves and blood vessels etc - if I'd been nervous, I'd have felt re-assured by this guy. But anyway, as I said, it did come out - I went moshing and got kicked and smacked and all sorts of head trauma. I came out of The Ambassador (can't remember what gig it was), my face a bloody mess - dead impressive looking! So at that stage, I decided I wasn't wasting any more money on a piercing my body was destined not to have!

Originally posted by dragon_ninja82
    Sorry eth0 man,

I am a *lady* :OP

Originally posted by eth0_
    I am a *lady* :OP

Sorry m'lady :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I was hoping to get my eyebrow pierced, however, the school i am moving to for leaving cert (Bruce), strictly forbids facial piercings, Is it possible to get it pierced, yet not wear it for 12 hours a day, 5 days a week without it healing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Kold that's all talk, i had bright red hair(dyed and very bright) whilst in bruce and didn't have a word said to me about it. Alot of people had facial piercings this year there and they were pretty slack about it.

Originally posted by Molly
    Kold that's all talk, i had bright red hair(dyed and very bright) whilst in bruce and didn't have a word said to me about it. Alot of people had facial piercings this year there and they were pretty slack about it.

I'd say it's all talk too, I mean don't Bruce charge several grand a year? If they kick you out for something as small as a piercing then they're shooting themselves in the foot!
    Wait and see if anyone else in your year has visible piercings and gets any guff for it, if they're ok, then go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

b-b-b-but they STRICTLY FORBODE it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by Molly

omg not at my school(st Marys Grammar) grew my hair for 16months came in with dreadlocks at 9 was home in time for the 9.30 news all that time wasted i was f**king well pissed. 16 months of annoying hair to get dreadlocks and they didn't even last a day. Btw i know ure all goin to say well dreadlocks take longer than a day to get! well i got the wax put in and they locked sweet but this was unacceptable in St Mary's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

Bruce let me away with mine after christmas, got in a lot of trouble the first couple of days. i hear theres a new principal now though.

You could always get it pierced, wear a plaster over it and then stick in a retainer when its healed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

Originally posted by Kold
    I was hoping to get my eyebrow pierced, however, the school i am moving to for leaving cert (Bruce), strictly forbids facial piercings, Is it possible to get it pierced, yet not wear it for 12 hours a day, 5 days a week without it healing?

my school is very anti - any - piercing but i am getting away with labret, tongue, eyebrow, 5mm ear stretching, tragus, and the list goes on but you can get clear body jewlery for them which is available in NIne Lives in Bray, Body Station (Georges St. Arcade..) but watch out if your getting it there they tend to sell you anything just to make a bit of money.... so know what ur looking for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hurlzey

This is called rejection. It's when your body thinks that the barbell is an invading pathogen (disease causing organism) and your immune system get stimulated which it then creates antibodies to get rid of the pathogen. This will lead to your body pushing the barbell out until it breaks the skin. It is generally advised to take it out if rejection begins to occur. Otherwise you will be left with a very undesirable scar. I would strongly recommend getting it looked at by a professional body piercer.
    I got this information from body piercers in my hometown as i was thinking of getting one done.
    P.s I'm new on this and don't know how to ask a question for people to comment and answer on. I could your some advice! Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

you didn't ask a question:confused:

Advertisement