Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2003 looking good

• 08-08-2003 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

The Beta of Outlook 2003 is looking good compared to previous versions.

In the new version 40% of the screen has been freed up to make it easier to read e-mails. ClearType Technology is now also used to improve the quality of the text for reading. The sender and date of each e-mail have also been highlighted and Search folder collects all flagged e-mail. Its also better able to block spam.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The beta's been around for months. I installed beta 2 for a few days in early March, tagged on the Beta Refresh bits (or beta 3) at the end of June & there have been screenshots of the "new Outlook" in computer mags since last November.

No disrespect denis but if you're going to continue posting short reviews with no techy bits for the early adopters or with no screenshots for the late interested people and with no useful links at all (like your recent Frehand MX press release/review in the web forum) people are just going to stop clicking on anything you post.

Have a poke around on neowin, microsoft-watch or Steven Bink's site for info that's actually news.

Just a note, feel free to ignore as I'm not a mod here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Sceptre is right. Denis thats a load of crap what you posted. It frees up 40% of the screen?? WOW let me get my hands on that. Im not even a mod and i dont want to be, but stop posting inadequate crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Was testing localised versions of it a couple of months back, Office 2003 has lots of nice improvements and a gui which looks alot more XPish.

NDA means I cant tell you anything but I'm sure theres sites out there you can read up on.

Server 2003 is quiet nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by UbahOne
    Sceptre is right. Denis thats a load of crap what you posted. It frees up 40% of the screen?? WOW let me get my hands on that. Im not even a mod and i dont want to be, but stop posting inadequate crap.

Hey, i didnt see any thread about the Outlook in Office 2003. Its been out for a while so lots of ppl have it to talk about it. Jees i was starting a new conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Also remember to post your own opinions, don't cut and paste stuff. If you want to post links to other sites thats fair enough..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

denis denis denis :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, look at what you posted. Its crap.

Advertisement