Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone seen this?

• 08-08-2003 4:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Yeah, I've gotten a few of these every now and then when I'm online. Fecking annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Either get a firewall and block incoming which you should be doing anyway or just disable the messager service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    Either get a firewall and block incoming which you should be doing anyway or just disable the messager service.

How can I disable the messenger service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

The good old net send or windows messanger service.

Turn your firewall on it wont let in traffic on that port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    The good old net send or windows messanger service.

Right, thats all fine and nice but how do I turn it off?
    Originally posted by tom-thebox
    Turn your firewall on it wont let in traffic on that port.

That too is fine and nice, but I happen to like/need accessing other ports. I'm using dial up and I dont really see the need for a firewall. Also, and perhaps most importantly I'm too lazy to set the damn thing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Ivan
    Right, thats all fine and nice but how do I turn it off?
    Here

Firewalls are desirable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

depends on waht OS your running but in Win XP Pro and Win 2K got to control panel> Administrative tools > services > windows messenger and the turn it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Have you tried using the demonstration on the website

at the time I posted this message the website found 102 computers detected which were able to receive these mesages in Limerick

the ones I looked up the ips of were eircom net customers

Advertisement