Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy non platinum versions of tekken in dublin?

Options
  • 08-08-2003 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

can't find them anywhere, i'm looking for a brand new disks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could try second hand games if you want non-platinum. Theres no way you will find any new non-platinum versions of any of the tekkens except tekken 4 in Dublin. Whats the point when the platinum tekkens are the same as the ordinary tekkens.

P.S. Get Virtua Fighter 4 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i'm an tekken maniac, i don't like the covers of platinum games, the cds are not painted too, i guess i'll have to try to find them in the UK

thanks for VF4 i'll try it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

You can pick up all the tekkens on ebay in factory packing, the originals are there as well.
    Try and get your hands on the japanese versions, really nice artwork, the games run at the full speed and the case is the much slimmer audio case rather than those butt ugly euro cases.

bugs aren't japansse versions in japanese language?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

For a start, theres practically no text in any tekken game. Secondly, no, all the tekken series menu's (the only text part) are in english for the japanese games. You'll have a job finding PAL versions in the original cases, you'll have way more luck finding the better looking and playing japanese counterparts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Defo gat the NTSC versions since the PAl versions are slower games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The PAL ports were ****e. No 60hz mode. Deffo got to get it on ebay.

Or you could just get Virtua Fighter 4: Evo. It's just magnificent.

god damn this international standards!

then i'll have to buya modded PS2, which is not available in Ireland's shops of course!

and on ebay.co.uk, people offer Pal versions :( i doubt anyone would agree to ship a game from america

I've gotten some games from www.ebay.com from america. It's usually only about $3 extra. If you keep looking at www.ebay.co.uk you are bound to see the NTSC versions available some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

They have the arcade original emulated now. With all the 3d card trickery it looks alot nicer than it did back then too.

All you need is a reasonable PC and a converter to use a PS Pad/Stick on your machine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement