Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nemesis on DVD

Options
  • 08-08-2003 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Nemesis on DVD from august 11th i think, who's picking it up? i'll get my hands on at some stage but i'm away for the summer and have no access of my own to dvd/computer.

Anyone know if theres any special extended edition like LOTR that i can save my money for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

There is some good extras on it but i cant rember what they are. About 5 or 6 deleted secenes. My mate was suposed to get me a Region 1 months ago but it never came through so I supose i`ll get the region 2 now next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i wish i had a DVD :(

seeing the enterprise-E on a 36" widescreen tv in pure digital glory........................Ah well ill get the vid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

I bought it today in Golden Discs Liffey Valley, €24.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'll probably have to settle for watching it on a 15 inch tele, in england for summer but home for this weekend so will probably pick it up this week (probably cheaper :) ) and can watch it at home.

Grow up Kids, let me know if it is anygood, extra scenes etc.

cheers

data

Originally posted by Dataisgod

Grow up Kids, let me know if it is anygood, extra scenes etc.

Yeah, some pretty good extras. None of the Wesley scenes were included in the deleted scenes, I thought they would be. None of Guinan either. You briefly see Wesley at the table for the wedding speech, and Whoopie Goldberg talks in the extras, but you don't see her in any scenes. Overall, good extras, nothing spectacular.

Great deleted scene involving Picard and his new 1st officer, and another with Picard and B4.

• Advertisement

cheers grow up, i look forward to seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I saw a nice little making of feature for nemmisis on Si FI channell last night. Is there one on the region 2 disk? perhaps the same one i saw last night.

BAH i cant find it on vid xrtavision or hollwood dont have it

anyone know where i can get it ?

My local xtravision has it, was home this weekend and picked it up in yesterday in HMV watched it yesterday afternoon thought it was very good, the quality was excellent and I enjoyed it quite a bit, the deleted scenes are quite good and you can see how they are not as polished, there quite rough around the edges and there is just a green screen for the star field in peoples quarters and the observation lounge.

For some reason though i had the feeling i've seen some of them before does anyone know where that might have been?

I'm sure i saw something about riker taking the piss out of the new first officer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

This is sorta off topic, but i have some question about Nemsis, i only saw it once to excuse if they are stupid ;)

It's been a while also since i have seen it so i might be a bit scechty with the details.

Remember when the Enterprise was searching for either the big alien ship or the warbirds, Jordi said they couldn't find it or track it. Then suddenly without any reason, Data beamed aboard to help Picard?

Also there was the part where the Klyons were working with the evil guy, then they more or less suddenly changed sides. I was expecting this to be a double cross, but it wasn't :confused: , not really a question but it didn't seem right.

Also i didn't really like the way the evil guy died, not as bad as 'Kirk killed by a footbridge' but could have been a bit more dramatic.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bloggs
    Remember when the Enterprise was searching for either the big alien ship or the warbirds, Jordi said they couldn't find it or track it. Then suddenly without any reason, Data beamed aboard to help Picard?

Yeah, it wasn't very clear, but basically Shinzon had put something into the other android to allow him to summon him back at any time. When Geordie was doing the data transfer, they probably found this thing and put it in Data instead. So it was Data who went back to the Romulan ship, and pretended to be the dopey android for a while. That was my take on it anyway.

mine 2
    Also there was the part where the Klyons were working with the evil guy, then they more or less suddenly changed sides. I was expecting this to be a double cross, but it wasn't

i take it you mean the romulan valdours that help the enterprise against the scimitar ?......They helped because if Earth was destroyed the romulans would be black listed for ever + more than likey earths allies would destroy the romulans

i didn't think they suddenly changed sides to be honest, i thought you could kinda see it coming the way they where leaning and the conversations. I think one of the deleted scenes might clarify it up a bit.

i though it was pritty clear that they no longer trusted shizon just before the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

nobody trusts me anymore

sigh well i blew up anyways so i dont care anymore

ha ha :D:p

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shortie518

I bought it on dvd, and i reckon the deleted scenes should have been restored into the movie, well most of them. It might ahve ade it a better movie. Rick berman and that eejit of a director should be shot.

i agree about the deleted scences, especially the one with the new first officer i really enjoyed that.

off topic the actor that plays the new first officer is the guy who is playing the leader of the commandos that will be on enterprise for the start of season three.

i cant wait for the day when Nx-01 akiraprize explodes and we get a message that it was all a horrible HORRIBLE mistake

is it gonna blow up?

we can only hope :(

• Advertisement

No the ship wont blow up, that wouldnt be star trek then. Besides I actually like the show, criticise me if you like. It could be a whole lot better but its better than the best that voyager ever had to offer.

point me to one ONE show from Akiraprise thats better that Voyager The year of hell.......You cant you know why?

1.ALL and i do mean ALL "story lines" in akiraprise have Archer getting put in prision by some bloody alien race......OR god forbid a "night in sickbay" what rubbish

and the sad thing is voyager isnt a patch on DS9 or TNG and enterprise cant even match it BAH!

You never know the next ship we see on Akiraprise could look like a galaxy class but 3 times the size ...........Or maybe even the borg oh wait........

I can easily enough think of some episodes of enterprise that are better then voyager and it wouldn't be difficult look at the crap that voyager threw out in the first few seasons? The andorian episodes for a start, and tied in with that an episodes which question the vulcans integrity beliefs like the spy station etc. shuttle pod one is another one. I believe the show has promise and will continue to watch it, i still enjoy and like some of the characthers if no all

The point still remains most of those storys have Archer taken prisoner ...They REALLY need new ideas

Yep voyager was crapish for 2 years or so and to be fair ill hold jugement on enterprise for one more year ........But its looking bad very very bad

I like the direction they are heading in though with those commandos and stuff it should spice it up a bit and trips revenge trip (no pun intended). but i have fate (fate of the heart :) ) that they'll pull it out of the bag, i'm sure people where having the same conversation a few years back about voyager and look what they had to do to make that show half decent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah voyager only became good during the 3rd season. The 1st and 2nd seasons of Voyager were rubbish (the Kazons were the most boring species ever). The 1st and 2nd season of Enterprise were rubbish as well, but the 3rd season looks promising what with having Marines and all that on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

By the way, I'll only buy the nemesis dvd if they come out with some "special edition" dvd which includes wesley crusher deleted scenes and stuff.

you want a dvd with wesley in it ?.....The only scenes id pay money for with wesley in is picard fireing him out the photon tube at the scimitar! "..Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy":D

Anyway i think where also forgeting the amazeing fuge ups in the time line ....And the fact that the klingon home world is only 1,3 light years away 3 times closer than the real closest system at 4,5 light years or so

Ok, i reckon the pilot episode of enterprise blows the best of voyager out of the water. The first season of voyager was dire, i mean look at the phage with the classic line any sign of neelix's lungs, please where was the good writers? Then came, release the warp particles and theres coffee in that nebula. Need i go on? I am a real trekker and will watch whatever rick the prat sends our way, inlcuding the crap shows. Lets not forget even tng had really bad shows, even in the last season so be fair and reserve judgement on enterprise for a while.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    By the way, I'll only buy the nemesis dvd if they come out with some "special edition" dvd which includes wesley crusher deleted scenes and stuff.

as far as i'm aware what is out at the moment is the special edition in the holographic box with the extras and deleted scences, its worth the money imho, and its my first star trek dvd how times are changing all together now ahhhh

Advertisement