Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats out today?

Options
  • 08-08-2003 8:52am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭

What can I waste my money on today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

download XIII demo, its out since last night and weighs around 80megs.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From Eurogamer:

8th Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction PS2 Electronic Arts
    8th Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction XBOX Electronic Arts
    8th Disney Sports Basketball GC Konami
    8th Disney Sports Basketball GBA Konami
    8th Disney Sports Motocross GBA Konami
    8th Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight PC Microsoft
    8th Heaven and Hell S PC CDV UK
    8th Rugrats Go Wild GBA THQ
    8th Rugrats Go Wild PC THQ
    8th Stuntman GBA Atari
    8th Tribes: Aerial Assault PS2 Vivendi

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So nothing decent at all. Summertime sucks for videogames, it always amazes me that companies always keep their block-busters until Christmas time, when thousands of other big titles comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

kinda weird because it's during the summertime , people (kids) have more time to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's fine by me. I've 30 games that I haven't touched yet so it's a great time to get through them. However so far I've only got through Suikoden 1+2 and Suikoden 3 which i'm playing now seems like it will be even longer than the prequels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive loads of games I aint finished but i couldnt be arsed geting through them ( probly more than 30 retro )

Its been a long time since I REALLY got into a game - when N64 was out I used to sit down and play for hours every day untill the game was finished... maybe its the games themselfs or just me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by adnans
    download XIII demo, its out since last night and weighs around 80megs.

adnans

Ooooh.......lovely. On the way. Hope it's as good as I'm expecting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it's 30 console games, 10 GBA games and countless Emulator games. It was really sad when I had to sit down and put the games that i was never going to finish in my finished games pile. Bye Bye Ape escape. I had some good memories but I just couldn't be arsed beating the last level.

I'm not playing games as much as I used to either. It's probably because of work. The last game when I had truely massive gaming sessions was Metroid Prime. then afterwards I started work and when I get home I just want to rest instead of playing a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

wait a minute, you proceed to ask us what games are out today and then follow it up by saying you have 30 games you havent touched. i get the feeling that Stephen was right.

adnans

Whats wrong with commenting that it suits me that nothing is out cos i've too many games. These threads get boring any way when some one posts the releases and everyone says 'ah thats crap' or 'ooh I'm getting that'. Nobody complained when my whats out today thread changed to an Ikaruga discussion and that was just as off topic as what i'm talking about.

Now on to XIII. Prae is downloading this for me now. I think it looks very promising. I hope the high level of interaction works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Oh my board wars again :rolleyes:

dats an idea..how bout we have a forum for online scraps? Slagging matches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I would say the problem is not you bringing the thread off topic, retr0gamer, but rather the elitism with which you post. In this case, it was slipping in the not-so-subtle reference to just how 'hardcore' you are with so many games to play. Of course, the alternative is just as bad - which is the delusion that anybody here cares about what you do except for Praetorian.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Asuka harsh, harsh but fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I agree the summer is always quite. Though i heard Halflife 2 is comming in September! Can anyone confirm or deny this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

¬_¬

Its not going to happen.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    I agree the summer is always quite. Though i heard Halflife 2 is comming in September! Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Your dead right...you can pre order it on amazon now and have it for september. Saw a preview and it looks Fooking good. But what i'm really interested is the new counterstrike that will be powered by this new engine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    Your dead right...you can pre order it on amazon now and have it for september. Saw a preview and it looks Fooking good. But what i'm really interested is the new counterstrike that will be powered by this new engine :D

I seriously hope it isn't out in a month or two, but that it's closer to Christmas, would rathe they spend an extra month polishing it to perfection and it being under the tree for me at christmas to play over the holidays then it being released when I'm stating back into college.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

According to Amazon, "Counter-Strike; Condition Zero", a single-player mod of CS, where you get 19 missions, comes out on September 1st, sounds nice.
    Tho based on the Half-life engine, AI, characters, etc, are updated 8)

Other than that, get Battlefield 1942 if you have DSL, or Broadband. The missions are good for training, but on-line rocks!

You have the option to be a sniper, rockateer, assault trooper, tanker, fighter pilot, sub-commander, destroyer-commander, the list goes on. Good fer laughs, but gift on-line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

According to the "inside the Half Life Engine " interview the ease in which any mod for HL can be converted to HL2 is amazing.
    But i think it will create even more lazy modders /modellers who just convert from one game to another then say its theres.
    But at least you know that 90% of of CS will work straight out of the box with HL2 and with the SDk being released (Valve loves us weirdos) 3 weeks before the game CS should be fully working by the time Hl2 is released.
    Every Model every script should work perfectly but will look like crap because they were made for an old engine :)

kdjac

Advertisement