Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Throttle 2 Cancelled.

Options
  • 08-08-2003 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Lucasarts have cancelled Full Throttle 2. Feckers. Loved the original (especially the music, and the brilliant climax....) and I was looking forward to seeing if they could top it.

Obviously not.

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Thats dissapointing :( Loved the original too, think i bought it from yourself TmB.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bastards! They're obviously too busy working on "great games" like Star Wars Bounty Hunter, RTX Red Rock and The Clone Wars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I probably wouldn't be this disappointed if they canned HL2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Im not too bothered, kinda glad really. Really liked the original but from everything I read they seemed to be developing a "new" spin on the FT universe, ie introducing more beat'em up "action" combined with a super happy "all platforms" target. Adventure games still work best on PC. At the very least their main market should be the PC with an eye to porting afterwards. Whats the deal with Sam and Max 2 however? It looks pretty true to the original.

Finally looks like someone came to their senses over there, after all the reason they gave for canning it was afterall that it was gonna disappoint fans of the original.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Good Call.

if a game is going to scuk and piss off the fans, not te mentionsullying the reputation of a codehouse such as Lucasarts, best not to release it at all and concentrate resources on better ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Hopwfully they wont make a mess of Sam n Max 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

that sucks, but better cancell it than make it ****ty. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of the origonal, same story, music, animation (hi res) with improved gameplay, maybe using 3d and stuff. instead of changing the story of the classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

not fair...

even if it's not true to the original it'd still be nice to get a new lucasarts adventure game.

what i'd really like to see is maniac mansion 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It was looking utterly awful both graphically and conceptually.

I'd rather they concentrate on Sam and Max 2. I hope they don't **** it up as well. Just make it traditional and really ****ing funny and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Originally posted by public_enemy
    not fair...

even if it's not true to the original it'd still be nice to get a new lucasarts adventure game.

what i'd really like to see is maniac mansion 3

lol, /me remembers Day of the Tenticle LOL :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement