Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripe In Servers

Options
  • 17-03-1999 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Slosh i was also there

these people came on under their known nicks and THEN changed to the other names for the laff, and im sure no harm intended. But then Gandalf Proceded to lecture them with some stuff on sponsors and proceded to kick them several times.I was playing under an alias but was forced to changed nick and recieve admin status when he repeatidly kicked the ppl.

It was paddys day, the lads were having a laff, there was no need for what gandalf did and if being an op means taking every last bit of fun out of quake , like what has hapened in IRC well shag that.

Gandalf who are you to tell people in quake, people in quake who have been at it as long or if not longer than you what name they can and cannot use.

Im not here to get on gandalfs case , its
    just that IRC is gay enuf without taking that gayness onto QUAKE with all these made up bull sh!t rules.

Keep Your Power Tripping And Tripe For IRC.
    The Quake Servers Should Be Free of this crap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Death

What ure not saying here is they changed their nicks to words/names some others may find offensive. My angle on this is simple. Slosh, Suds, Dev and a rake of others are doing alot of work to get sponsors to host servers, contribute towards lans & give finance for teams travelling to games. If any of these sponsors Were to come onto the servers today I'm sure it would make them think twice about giving their money to a bunch of immature morons. I do not have a problem with people playin under aliase's, I do have a problem with immature fools who could mess things up for others.

Oh and Death "taking that gayness onto QUAKE with all these made up bull sh!t rules", Slosh gave me admin on the server I have contacted him about this and he is in complete agreement with me. Also about IRC if you find #Quake "gay" you are welcome to set up your own chatroom and talk all the crap you want.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Well you Corporte pleasing dik
    if all we play quake for now adays is fuking sponsors whats the fooking point, playing the way some dik in a office wants you to play, fook that sh!te.

Quake is or was fun until all this bullsh!t came into it. Playing to please some lame ass company who doesnt give 2 fuks about quake as long as their company logo is showen.

AS a good coleague pointed out the fooking team.ie team play in IGN SERVERS quake.ie
    soo fook off
    and what de hell would they be doing in indigo.ie servers when it has nothing to do with Team.ie
    TAKE IT

fuk that kind of bollix.

If being an admin means taking all the fun remaining in quake away well you can keep your admin crap

[This message has been edited by DEATH (edited 17-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

can we stop all the ****e

everyone is starting to sound worse than the original gimps on the servers ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ahh the dangers of messing smile.gif

Some Austrailian reporter did a TV review of Ultima Online. Within 5 minutes of her character leaving a town she was killed by 3 d0oDz who looted her, abused her, cut her body up into little bits and told her she sucked. They then ressurected her ghost and killed her again just to make the point clear.... Within a day or so of that a new patch was added to stop people fuking about like this (Ask Venom how painful it's going to be, it's going to effect him smile.gif).

Anyway back to the point... Death if you don't like it, then set up your own server. Get some people who feel the same way and do it. It's not that hard. And he doesn't mention IGN. The servers are there at the whim of the people who put them there, p!ss off enough people and it's taken away.

If you don't like it then move.

Listen hobbes you jumping on the band waggon looser
    this had nothing to do with you
    and if he is talking about sponsors he is talking about team.ie which is IGN based which play on quake.ie so get your facts straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I'm with Death here. The kind of messing that went on today cant be tollerated but ppl having a slag and going to the server(indigo) for a laff rather than trying to impress sponsers is up to the person. I wont kick ppl for saying **** or **** if its in good taste "Can those words be said in good taste?" anyway we have to remember that its a game only a GAME. I think though a different approach has to be taken on the IGN servers as there is a chance that the people putting money into irish quake and TEAM.ie might want to see where its going.

SB...

[This message has been edited by SickBoy (edited 17-03-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Listen Death if you didn't want people responding you should of taken up the matter privatly with Gandalf and possibly Indigo, who would of just agreed with Gandalf. But instead you posted to a public forum, so put up with it.

Please point out where Gandalf mentions "IGN".

Indigo is the sponser for the Quake server on Indigo. Someone in the Quake community proberly speaks on your behalf to Indigo to ensure you's get what you want on those servers. If Indigo see a large amount of trouble/abuse coming from that service they will stop the people in question or just remove the service if it's too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Just to Clear up a point about Team.ie and the IGN, There is no "real" connection and they play on the Indigo Server more than that Quake.IE server due to the better performace of the Indigo server (usually)...

Vex...

I seem to have been misinformed about the link with IGN and team.ie
    but that does not change the rest of my post

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

im with young timmy o toole here.

we simply cant afford to give wage increases to gay people without expecting an outburst.

we must in turn lower the chairs, and by doing this create mopre space for the ducks, and then, only then can we sit down and eat our apple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Tell you what - any more inappropriate names, messing on servers by anybody - and I'll shut 'em all down - restart em under a different port number - given only to ppl who'll respect the servers. Im damn serious - and fed up of this muppetry...

Slosh.

Advertisement