Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/Dice ] Secret Weapons of WWII Multiplayer Demo Released

Options
  • 08-08-2003 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

demorelease.jpg

The secret weapons demo is out now! its 164mb so if anyone wishes to send me out a copy i will be very grateful. Im not back in Ireland till Tuesday or so.
    Map:
    This demo contains a single map, Hellendoorn. The Hellendoorn launch site was one of the most successful sites and is credited with the successful destruction of the Remagen Bridge, the last left standing over the Rhine. The purpose of this bridge was to allow the German troops to retreat if need be- however, the Allied forces successfully crossed the bridge before it was destroyed, making the bridge more of a liability than an asset. In late March of 1945, the German troops were forced to retreat from Hellendoorn due to Allied advances.

New Vehicles:
    · Flakpanzer – Panzer chassis with quad anti-aircraft gun. Effective against planes, lightly armored vehicles, and infantry.
    · LVT-4 Water Buffalo – A tracked, amphibious, landing craft/troop carrier with two mounted machine guns.
    · Schwimmwagen – An amphibious vehicle with machine gun for passenger use.
    · Axis R75 Motorcycle & Sidecar– Quick and maneuverable basic transportation.
    · Allied 42XA Motorcycle & Sidecar- Allied equivalent of the Axis bike.
    · Natter rocket plane – A rocket plane with nose-mounted missiles, single speed, no landing gear.
    · Goblin Jet Fighter – A small, fast attacker jet fighter with quad nose mounted machine guns.
    · Jet pack - Personal Rocket pack for limited infantry flight capability.

New Infantry Weapons:
    Allied:
    · Assault – Bren LMG -as with all assault weapons, more accurate when stationary or prone.
    · Medic – Silenced Sten Mk.II SMG -silenced version for covert operations.
    · Engineer - Remington Auto 5 Shotgun - semi-automatic combat shotgun.
    (All Allied troops also receive the standard issue British Commando knife- LMB= Throw, RMB= standard attack.)

Axis:
    · Scout - Gewehr 43 Zf4 - Semi-automatic Sniper Rifle.
    · Assault – Fallschirmjager Gewehr 42 - Light machine gun
    · Engineer - K98 with Rifle Grenade - Rifle grenade fitting for precision assault.
    (All Axis troops also receive the German Elite standard issue knife, LMB= Throw, RMB= standard attack.)

icon-Windows.gifWindows Mirrors
    » ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/battlefield_1942_secret_weapons_of_WWII_demo.exe [ EA.com ]
    » http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/128832.shtml [ Fileplanet ]
    » ftp://ftp.game.net/pub/games/battlefield1942/demo/client/battlefield_1942_secret_weapons_of_wwii_demo.exe [ Game.net ]
    » http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/battlefield1942/secret_weapons_of_wwii/demo/win32/battlefield_1942_secret_weapons_of_WWII_demo.exe [ Blueyonder ]

Ill add more as they appear. Its only just out! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me downloads now

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Quite slow downloads...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

New Vehicles:
    · Flakpanzer – Panzer chassis with quad anti-aircraft gun. Effective against planes, lightly armored vehicles, and infantry.
    · LVT-4 Water Buffalo – A tracked, amphibious, landing craft/troop carrier with two mounted machine guns.
    · Schwimmwagen – An amphibious vehicle with machine gun for passenger use.
    · Axis R75 Motorcycle & Sidecar– Quick and maneuverable basic transportation.
    · Allied 42XA Motorcycle & Sidecar- Allied equivalent of the Axis bike.
    · Natter rocket plane – A rocket plane with nose-mounted missiles, single speed, no landing gear.
    · Goblin Jet Fighter – A small, fast attacker jet fighter with quad nose mounted machine guns.
    · Jet pack - Personal Rocket pack for limited infantry flight capability

sounds like some really fun stuff there. The bikes sound slike u could have a good bit of fun with them!!:D Also how does the Natter rocket plane take off if it has no landing gear?

ok so this might be a bit of a dumb question but is the demo a stand alone or is it dependent on having the full game?

Originally posted by suppafly
    sounds like some really fun stuff there. The bikes sound slike u could have a good bit of fun with them!!:D Also how does the Natter rocket plane take off if it has no landing gear?
    Elevated/sloped rails I'd imagine.

Also, I doubt you're supposed to actually land it. The real things were never supposed to.
    ok so this might be a bit of a dumb question but is the demo a stand alone or is it dependent on having the full game?

Afaik it's a standalone. Winters - can you confirm/deny this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Download is another 10 mins..

getting it off Ea at 17k throughout the thing :(

• Advertisement

had a quick game of it there.. didn't notice much tbh only the motorbike..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

been playing it for a while...anyone find the jetpack? a few fun things in it....the axis' engineer's grenade launcher rifle thing is muchos fun...as are the knives..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Afaik it's a standalone. Winters - can you confirm/deny this?

I'm not online much, as im in the Gulf, so you may already know.

It is a standalone demo, just like the two origional BF Demos. You do not need a copy of Battlefield1942 to run it.

... also ive added one or two more download links for the demo on my origional list ...

The Natter is next to useless (well, I was playing with keyboard and mouse, will try with joystick tonight), rockets reload rate is too slow to lay down an effective barrage.
    The jetpack rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

where is the jetpack?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

its on the upper floor in the house , in the town, in the center of the map. on the floor with the ammo as you enter. it comes with an MP40 asweel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

do you need bf to run the full version?

[porche]

yes. i think so. its an expansion pack.

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    do you need bf to run the full version?

Yes, Porche :)

Secret Weapons of WWII, the full version, will require Battlefield1942 to run. It is due for release on 5th September [2003] and is on Play.com for about 15 GBP [No pound symbol on this keyboard].

However, for anyone who doesnt own a copy of Battlefield 1942, there is development of a "Battlefield 1942: Deluxe Edition". This edition will contain Battlefield1942, Road To Rome and Secret Weapons aswell as the most recent patch at time of release. It is set for release on 12th of September [2003]. Its priced at 27GBP on Play.com but besides that no other information is available on it.
    There is a rumour that it will contain Desert Combat but i would find that unlikly with the currant EA/DICE mod involvement.

Any word on Battlefield Vietnam?

Originally posted by Konix
    its on the upper floor in the house , in the town, in the center of the map. on the floor with the ammo as you enter. it comes with an MP40 asweel.

Don't think it#s an MP40, tis a silenced something or other, and seems to have smaller calibre/more rounds in the clip...not that I was paying much attention when doing a "death from above" move...

Fun pack :)

Still waiting for OPF2 though

its silenced!? geez i didnt even notice...LoL.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Any word on Battlefield Vietnam?

Besides the pictuers and press release from a couple of months ago nothing. Dice Canada are keeping it quiet enough.

Its EU release date si currantly set for 30th January 2004 but remember that can change. Hopefully we will see a lot more of it in the coming months. There is a preview of the game up on Homelan, so if you want a read of it click the link.

/me takes a drink of his beer and goes out into the hot gulf sun

Advertisement