Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find cheap bog-standard stuff?

• 09-08-2003 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I have an almost complete PC made up out of various leftover bits(it's a P3), I wanna add it to my network, I have no major requirements of it, I just need to get a few things, so would anyone recommend where to come by a bog standard monitor, CD Drive and Floppy drive as cheaply as possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I am soon going to post up a list of stuff I want rid of including a floppy drive (€5), CD ROM, noisy but working (€10) and a 17" monitor (€70) if you are interested.

Failing that I would say your best bet is one of those small shops advertising "internet ready PC package for €!!!". The sort of places that buy up a job lot of bank/business PCs at auctions and sell them to the public as an affordable starter PC.
    There was one in Kilmainham, beside the Patriots pub but it may be gone and I think there is one in Crumlin village for the past while.

Advertisement