Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network/UTV

Options
  • 09-08-2003 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

1-I just got my UTV dsl modem yesterday and everything works fine. Only problem is that the modem ( Zyxel Prestige 630) is a USB modem and i need to create a network between 2 more computers and i dont know if there are any routers out there that can connect by usb.
    2-I saw somebody on the forum talking about a fixed IP and that UTV doesnt give one. Does it matter?

Thanx in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

1. I'm pretty sure there's not. You could use one of the PC's as a router tho and all the external network traffic goes through that PC

2. Fixed IP's are handy for hosting your own server of some sort, or for internet phone calls. For most ppl, it won't matter weither you've a fixed or static IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

naw ill end up getting a adsl modem/router
    thanx for your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

As a matter of interest when did you order Clicksilver?

And what exchange are ya on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You can order a fixed IP if you need it... costs an extra €5 per month tho :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

Squal i think i ordered it on the internet the 13th of july. When they say 15 days thats working days so thats 3 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Well im two weeks overdue then. Ordered on the 3rd and have heard nothing from UTV since the 10th. Getting pretty impatient now

Advertisement