Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: Mail service that works with POP

Options
  • 09-08-2003 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

This might be a bit off the topic,
    But recently I cancelled my surf no limits account which i've been using since it was first offered. Since cancelling I was given 30 days notice with regard to my email addresses. Same email address for what min 4 years? So i've been busy emailing everyone not to email that account anymore. But its very annoying coz I use it for personal and business email.
    I asked could I jst pay for my email account...eh no I'd have to buy an internet package! sod that!

Anyway I've been searching around for a free pop account that I can use. I've tried a g few and all won't let my relay msgs unless i dial up using there servers. O2, Eircom, Esat etc...

Since I'm on Netsource DSL I somehow don't think so! :D

I'm reluctant to get a Netsource email account incase I've to cancel that account in the near future and will have to change email addresses again.

Question. Anyone know where I can get a free (or v. cheap) pop account that i can use while on netsource DSL, that i'll be able to send/receive through an email program such as OExpress, Eudra or whichever?

I've tried online.ie but couldn't get my email to work at all. Their tech support is useless.

thanks
    ambrose :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Hmm, you lost your email address when you left nolimits? I still have mine a year after cancelling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by kingambrose
    Question. Anyone know where I can get a free (or v. cheap) pop account that i can use while on netsource DSL, that i'll be able to send/receive through an email program such as OExpress, Eudra or whichever?
    Yahoo.

POP3 still works for free if you sign up with an @yahoo .ie or @yahoo.co.uk address - they charge for @yahoo.com

I send mail using IOL's smtp mailserver and receive with Yahoo's pop one.

Thread split and moved

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

yep, yahoo has an outbound relay that you can use if you have bought their pop3 feature. i've had it for years and years, only last year did they make pop3 users pay for it, but it works well for me.

though ... can you relay through netsource's relay with a sender address other than a netsource address? when i used to use eircom's 'free' dialup service their relay used to allow relaying messages with my yahoo address as the sender, though this might have been tightened up i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

• Advertisement
Advertisement