Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router configuration problem

Options
  • 09-08-2003 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I have a D-Link 300G+ ADSL Modem and it works fine on Clicksilver. But I am trying to setup a home network using a Belkin Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway Router 54G and cannot get these working together.

Both Modem and Router are configured via web-based interfaces. The Modem uses ip 192.168.0.1 and I have set the Router to use 10.0.0.1.

Initially when I install the Router, I can still access the Modem's configuration ip - the Connection type on the Router is defaulted to Dynamic IP. The Router Reports that it is Connected to the Internet, but I cannot access the internet at this point.

I then change the Router Connection type to PPPoE and enter details of my Clicksilver Username and Password - Now I can no longer access the Modem Configuration page and the router reports Not Connected to the Internet.

Does anyone have this Router or offer some advice based on their own Router configuration.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Based on the IP addresses you have given, your units will never communicate. They need to be on the same IP network, so set the router to 192.168.0.2, or the modem to 10.0.0.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Search through the forms at:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk

You should find posts about getting the DSL-300G+ to work with various routers. I'm interested in knowing how you get on as I'm thinking of buying this modem along with a Netgear WGR614 wireless router.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

I'd already tried the router with the 192.168.x.x adresses with no success.
    Checked the forums on adslguide - the suggestion there is that the Belkin Router will not work with most modems.
    I hope Elara have a good policy on reutrns and will let me exchange for a router that will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Belkin eventually admitted today that their Router will not work with the D-Link 300G+ and they have no idea when they will have a fix. I now need to replace my router for another brand.

Is anyone using this modem with a 54G wireless Router that they can recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

See

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109632

donspeekinglesh should be able to tell you what he did to get modem and Linksys router working together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement