Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband 4 Kinnegad Website

Options
  • 09-08-2003 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Deserves a plug from me so I can 'borrow' their codebase for deployment in the west ?:D?

Excellent site, a model for all of us lads, and good luck to y'all

http://www.broadband4kinnegad.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Thanks for the plug and kind words Muck, appreciate it!

As I mentioned in another thread, we are currently advertising in local shop windows etc and the response since we launched about a week ago has been quite promising. We will shortly be doing a door-to-door leaflet drop to ensure that as many people as possible know about the campaign but if any of you have any friends or family in Kinnegad I would appreciate if you mentioned the site to them and ask them to register their interest.

Fingers crossed we reach our aim of getting broadband in Kinnegad shortly!

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

I'm in Clonard but I have voted anyway

Spoke to a friendly eircom engineer about Kinnegad exchange being enabled and he thought that if lagan cement made a push Eircom might give it a priority.

might be worth finding out if anyone knows someone in Lagan Cement with the clout to do anything about this.

JWT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Thanks jwt,

I spoke to a local eircom engineer one day outside my house, he said that Lagan Cement have a 1MB leased line and Primary Rate ISDN. He also said that there was tons of capacity/backhaul in the Kinnegad exchange as all the optical fiber that goes from Dublin to the West passes through the Kinnegad exchange.

Depending on how things go I may approach Lagan Cement to look for support and see if a heavyweight can help us swing things with eircom.

Thanks for your vote and offer of help, just make sure all your friends near Kinnegad vote for Broadband on the site!

Many thanks,

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Will spread the word here in Clonard

The Monsignor (Eamon Marron?) in Kinnegad is a surprisingly progressive go get them type. He is pushing hard for Kinnegad to be put on the map with a rail spur and very pro the proposed industrial estate. I would think that if the benefits of broadband were explained to him he would be a helpful ally. I would offer to do this but I think he might be a bit preoccupied excommunicating me :)

Check your pm (you've got to love the irony of that statement) and let me know if you require financial assistance re the website

JWT

Advertisement