Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource, router weirdness

Options
  • 09-08-2003 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

My router has been workign with Netsource without problems for two weeks now.

Today I downloaded Americas Army Operations 1.90 at a steady 50k a second. Installed it, chenged settings accordingly and exited. I then started All-Seeing Eye (a server browser) and tried to ping servers and my connection stopped dead.

I tried to ping stuff, nothing.

I tried to browse into the router, nothing.

I tried to ping the router, nothng.

So I went out and switched my router off and on, everything was working fine again, browsed to a few sites, its all good.

Goto all-seeing eye, ping my favourites, everything works grand.

Try to ping AAO servers, nothing, the whole things locked up again.

I've done it 3 times, what is it that my router doesnt like? Is it a netsource thing?

I'm confused to say the least :confused:

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I use Netsource and a Netgear DG 814 and I'm very prone to disconnections.
    My router also goes dead at times.

I use the All Seeing Eye too.... but I can definitely say that none of my disconnections or router probs have been at all connected to the Eye. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I'm just wondering the the traffic involved in Pinging a server in some causes netsourse to go lala and fire an evil connection nuke at my poor icle router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Router can't handle the multiple pings and overloads/locks up it seems.Solwise have a sim prob with their models.Check for updated firmware/fix.

carb.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Is this problem only with certain sites? I'm a tad concerned seeing as how I intend to buy the same router as yourself to use with Netsource :confused:

It hasnt happened before, i'm thinking its ASE, considering I can ping from within the game but not from ASE i think it must be ASE, anyway other than AA:O it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keyser Soze

I've the exact same problem using Netsource and the Netgear 814 Router/Modem.
    It's always left turned on.
    When I connect to the net it connects immediately. Then after 15 minutes it freezes and needs to be turned off and on again.
    I have the latest Firmware installed but have heard that there are some problems with this model and overheating.

I thinkit was overheating, just put it on two bits of wood to let the underneath of it get air and my problem cleared up.

Advertisement