Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2 and IOLBB

• 09-08-2003 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

i set up my ps2 NA and all ok, set up with comp via ICS, when i test network diagnostics, i pass first 2 of 5 tests, and then i fail on the ping test, anyone know how to resolve this?
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Did you get the PS2 Network Adaptor from England??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

For best results I would advise you get yourself a modem and router in one. This way you don't have to bother with ICS which is an absoloute arse as far as reliablitiy is concerned.

Go to the official uk playstation site and follow the online guide here, this page offers advice for all possible connection methods, also check out their forum area for help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

thanks, i'll check it out there

yes its from england, they're all compatiable though, some english people are using american ones (cuz they got them over before the uk ones were out), its prolly just a problem with my ICS settings?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rumblefish

just about to order a NA from play.com (Jersey uk site) for 25 GBP and hook up via the PC which is using IOL BB. I'll let you know how I get on.

anyone know when the NA is being sold in ireland. Its on the front page of the irish PS2 website (http://ie.playstation.com), but not in any of the shops. also which BB providers they going to support - i'm assuming its IOL (BT) and eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Its in smyths on Jervis street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Do you know how much it is in symths?
    does any1 know when it's going 2 b officially released here?
    and any info at all bout it pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

its about 20 euro on lik-sang.com. Takes about a week to arrive. I use one for the pc. It works fine. Presume it'll do the same job for the playstation 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

and then i fail on the ping test

The reason it's failing it's ping test is that ping is disabled on IOLBB. I hear that a phonecall to support with a request to turn it on for you (being required for gaming) should do it.

I hope this helps.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

Originally posted by Cal67
    The reason it's failing it's ping test is that ping is disabled on IOLBB. I hear that a phonecall to support with a request to turn it on for you (being required for gaming) should do it.
    I have heard of them refusing to do so.
    If they do try explaining it's for the PS2.
    Let us know if they are sympathetic or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Cal67
    I hear that a phonecall to support with a request to turn it on for you (being required for gaming) should do it.
    There's a thread about that here .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Is it worth getting the NA for the PS2 yet? Is there any good games out that you can play online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rumblefish

http://ie.playstation.com the Irish PS2 official site has
    gone live with Network gaming for Ireland - with eircom.net announced as the only supported ISP.

Anyone know the story with IOLBB support of PS2 - if I manually configured the BB settings in the PS2 Advanced settings to match the IOLBB settings would it work or do IOLBB block the port (or something else) that PS2 uses ?.

I'd be hanging the PS2 off the NIC card on my PC (Internet Connection Sharing). Heard this might also be a problem as you only get one IP address.

Advertisement