Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IDM/electronica clubs/gigs?

• 09-08-2003 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im movin to Dublin next month for college and I was wondering if there were any good IDM clubs around I should know about? Warpy stuff..

Or even any general good dance clubs that dont play pop/****?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Hmm you might like Model 1 downstairs in Traffic of a Friday night, it's run by the wonderful D1 recordings (http://www.d1recordings.com/0-home/)
    There's also a brilliant pub called Bodkins in town, they've had some warp artists play, Andrea Parker played there last friday for only 5 euro admission :)

Check out the DEAF festival in October also: http://www.deafireland.com/home/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

sounds good! thanks eth0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

check out www.skkatter.net, a bleep isn't bleeped in the city without this guy jumping on it.

check his mix of the ga ga ga galway tune too, fun stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Flux should be the thing. And if you like your Skinny Puppy, Apoptygma Berzerk, VNV Nation, Covenant, Front 242, and all that sort, and you dont mind sitting through some 80's, Rock and Goth stuff, then definetly go to Dominion, my personal favorite, definetly the most Diverse club you'll ever go to in your lifetime, plays everything from Nick Cave, to The Chemical Brothers, to ohGr and all that therein implies. It's been going strong for the last few years, with no sign of closing down at all.

Gotta love the artwork on the FLUX page tho.

Hope that'll help.

Oh, and if CM Tyranny is reading this, Flux has filling the gap that the other club that used to be there (Cannot think of the name of the place, help me out here) has left. You should really check it out, you should be well happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

I think Ill give Flux a try, maybe dominion but im not really into gothic. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭spahndirge

lucky sod, i'm stuck in waterford and have to deal with the same ****e hard house all the time. does anywhere in this goddamn country play any aphex twin or squarepusher?

Advertisement