Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sig Artists, What's Your Inspiration?

• 09-08-2003 10:30pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

I'm just curious to hear how the rest of you decided to make your own sig.
    What inspired you? Was it a particular sig you saw once? Maybe you just wanted a way to express your interests to all in pictorial form.

Whatever the reason, lets hear it :) .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

I used to have a load of nonsense text in my sig, and it was quite annoying, so one day i got PsP and said, well, i've a lot of anime pics, and some fonts, so i decided to sit down and make me a sig :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Made it out of boredom.. it's the only one I've ever had, and I think it looks quite nice.

I've since tried to make it a bit smaller... more of a button than a banner maybe... but it just didn't look as good.

Anyway, judging by your sigs BoobeR and CuLT, mine is small enough ;)

...oh yea, the text under the image is Latin... it means 'I can't hear you, I have a banana in my ear' . 'tis funnah, don't you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I took my avatar and threw virtually every filter modern photoshop has to offer at it. Somehow that included an asterisk filter which I have yet to find again. But I think I may have mixed the wrong drinks at the time.

Due to the differing schemes boards has to offer I decided not to properly anti-alias it and instead draw a cartoon black line around it, because I'm lazy. Or I like cartoons. I forget which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Ive been sticking to AC/DC stuff for the last year or so, the very odd time I might use something that just occurst to me

I sometimes use my sig image to promote something that is happening, like say an event of some kind.

my very first sig image : bonsmile.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i made my picture sig cos the avatars are way too small. :) also i live in mayo with nothing to do for the summer so i got a 3d modelling program and messed around with cstrike models and voila came up with a sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

http://bigchief.port5.com/ender.jpg

originally seen the pic on a site that sold scottish stuff and the like, it was a beach towel.. thought it would look nice as a sig, thought the tartan would make it look even nicer

Advertisement