Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please, on these two items.

• 09-08-2003 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on building a new rig in the next couple of months and i've been keeping an eye out for bargains along the way.

Anyway, i saw these two items in the komplett pre-alert.

The first is a 19" monitor, from AOC details here. It's currently listed at €191 but for the next week, it'll be €125. This looks pretty good to me. Does anyone have any experiences good or bad of this monitor?

The second is a case, from Chieftec details here. I'm not really too bothered about having a flashy looking case. I just want something functional with plenty of room for expansion. It includes a 360W power supply as well. It's currently listed at around €110, it'll be €89 for the next week. Again any experiences good or bad of this case would be appreciated.

I'd also be open to suggestions of similar products in the same price range. Or at a slight premium for improved quality.

Cheers,

Killian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I have the case but in Black.
    It is an excellent case.
    Loads of room in it ,very stylish,plenty of connectors.Very well finished both inside and out.
    It is very sturdy and is quite heavy.
    I cant say a bad word about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I used to have the exact same case, bought it 12months ago for 140 or so. Excellent case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Nice one.
    What's the power supply like, that comes with it?
    Will it be enough for dvd, cd-rw, two hdd's and a graphics card?

Killian

Yeah the power supply covered 4 HDD`s, 2 CD ROM`s, one ZIP, various usb host powered devices, fans etc,

Altho i have heard people complaining about them having a low +12v line.

Never had any probs

So it should be fine for normal use but might be pushing it a bit for overclocking?
    That's fine for the moment.
    It'll be my first build from scratch.

Killian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I have the AOC 19" screen and im very happy with it !! At €125 how can you go wrong?

I havent really tested it with games, but tis very nice for watching DVD's and general use. Bargain at that price

whats the shipping like on that monitor?

How much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm running a DVD Rom Drive,A CD-RW ,A DVD-RW,a HDD,a floppy, and 4 fans off the power supply.Plus an AGP and 4 PCI slots full.
    No probs at all.

I have a feeling the shipping is going to be quite pricey, but i'll have a look see.

I think i'll go for the case and the monitor.
    I'll be able to start using the monitor straight away but i'll have to wait a bit longer before i buy the new motherboard etc.

Cheers, for the replies.

Killian

Well i just had a look to see how much delivery is going to be.
    For the case and the monitor together, it's over €100 delivery, which is a bit ridiculous.
    For the case alone, it's €40 and for the monitor alone it's €60.
    I think i'm going to give it miss, the delivery price is just too much. :(

killian

• Advertisement
Advertisement