Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upraged under 200 euros?

• 09-08-2003 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Im looking just to clip in a few things into a p3 500 128ram Kyro2 64mb Gfx Card. I dont want to go get a new mobo or anything, all id like to do is get Half - Life mods at the moment up to a steady 80 + Fps and not falling below this. At the moment with this settup im getting 7fps in Natural Selection (no Joke). What I was wondering was, what bits and pieces could I stick on for under €200 that would make my Half Life run Mods (CS, DOD, NS etc) run smoothly at 80 + fps, and to be able to run cs1.6 when it comes out just as smoothly (not the CZ pack, just the update one) I dont want to go out spending €1000s of euros on a PC that wont be used much more than for Half Life mods, im not to worried about HL2. If you could squezze in trying to Run BF:1942 into that system +200 euro upgrade it would be great.

What i was thinking

P3 1ghz??! how much? will it do :(?
    512ram (cheap these days yea?)
    and some sort of better Gfx Card? (allready upgraded from a TNT2 and did sweet **** all)

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What make is your mobo? My guess is that your mobo can only take the p3 500. (Cant really tell without the mobo info). Get updated drivers for the gfx card. Use Open GL. Turn off V-Sync on the open gl. resolution of 800x600 or 1028x768. DONT use antistropic filtering or AntiAliasing. Do these first and you shouldnt have to spend a penny.

With that mobo you probably only have 2x AGP Slot and getting a high end card wont do much good, I have a Geforce2 MX200 in a P3 500, i can get 100fps and average of 50fps, (has the above settings). I got it good even with antistropic filtering and AntiAliasing on full whack!!

I know you dont what to change the mobo, but a suggestion . Keep the GFX card in it and you would be flying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

man turn off vsync in the nvidia options i can't remeber where exactly it is but that help your frame rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

V sync off all ready in 800 res already, AF off allready and AA off already.. I was told its something to do with the card and having not T&L unit or something.. how do I tell u my mobo chip type?

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    man turn off vsync in the nvidia options i can't remeber where exactly it is but that help your frame rate

On Destop right click, then properties, settings, Advanced, the GFX card tab should be there, look around for the open gl settings and V-Sync should be on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get something like sandra soft i think it's called

• Advertisement

The Creative Geforce 2 MX200 i have has Hardware T&L which is needed for decent graphics. You could get one for about €20 now.

Is this your one ?

yes m8 thats the one

ehhh lo? :(?

Advertisement