Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City Mod Manager

Options
  • 10-08-2003 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

..pretty cool program that lets you download, install and uninstall Vice City mods with a few clicks of the mouse.

It connects to a server hosting the mods and you download them from within the program itself... very handy!

...you can get a 1989 Batmobile for instance... handles like a super charged donkey cart.. but looks really cool :)

get it here : http://www.gtavicemods.com/download/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sweet, i was looking for that...
    downloaded the ducatai 1000 ds earlier, i took one look at the readme & gave up:rolleyes:
    (you need to use 3 different apps just to get it working fully ffs!)

bah, i installed the ducati & the wheels mod that comes with the mod manager, feckin door to my garage that contained a pcj600 refused to open:(
    trying it again with a clean install of vice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Strange... one of the cars I installed (cant remember which one) had the game refusing to load at all, but it worked grand once I removed it.

You should get the Yamaha dirt bike... very nice replacement for the Sanchez.

I really hope someone updates the batmobile... it looks really good untill you try to drive it :(

just copy the banshee/comets handling stats in handling.cfg over the one of the car that the batmobile replaced...

i did a clean install of vice & installed the ducati,
    everything worked perfectly.
    i tried installing the lancia delta integrale & then playing with it, the fecking game crashed whenever i went to my garage with that car in it:rolleyes:
    works fine again once i uninstalled it...
    i guess it was just that car that fuxored things up

fecking program crashes if you switch between download & manage a couple of times:mad:
    buggy as fuk but well worth a d/l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

if you've never played it, why do you say its crap ?

• Advertisement

are you talking to me?
    i did try the lancia without the mod installer, its one of the few cars that are actually easy to install (you only need the img tool & notepad).
    great looking car (and a superb replacement for the manana:D )
    for some reason the copy of it that i downloaded with mod manager borked the game tho.

a pic of the ducati 1000... well worth checking out imo

Yea, I got that Ducati.. very fast.. I like it :D
    And the Batmobile works a treat with some new stats.

...I think he was talking to Retr0Gaymer btw.. who is, I take it, no longer with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

dead right tman

dead right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by tman
    are you talking to me?
    i did try the lancia without the mod installer, its one of the few cars that are actually easy to install (you only need the img tool & notepad).
    great looking car (and a superb replacement for the manana:D )
    for some reason the copy of it that i downloaded with mod manager borked the game tho.

a pic of the ducati 1000... well worth checking out imo

thats ducati looks really sweet!! has anybody d/l any of those replacements for the helicopters. like the apache and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

At the risk of sounding soooooooo silly, em....where's the garage in vice city? You can keep cars like in the first one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Nice piece of software. There's something pretty bizarre driving around seeing loads of BTTF Doloreans driving around.

The Bmw Z8 is my favourite though. Fast, beautifully modelled and great handling.

Originally posted by patch69
    At the risk of sounding soooooooo silly, em....where's the garage in vice city? You can keep cars like in the first one?
    you have to buy property that has a garage attatched.
    links view, the gaff across the road from pole position, hyman condo etc...
    you can't save any cars when you first start the game, you have to buy the right hideout to do that.

you should buy the hyman condo as soon as you can, 4 garages & a helipad:)
    just don't save anything important in the big garage, that ****ing thing eats cars:mad:
    buy sunshine autos as soon as you finish the mision that unlocks all the businesses.
    4 garages & a respray shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

I see.....thanks for that Bud! :D

Originally posted by suppafly
    thats ducati looks really sweet!! has anybody d/l any of those replacements for the helicopters. like the apache and stuff?
    i might give them a try now, as long as i can replace that crappy news chopper:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Gr8 program, thanx for that, Do i just download the mods and install them or is there a way to activate them?

You download the mods in the program's 'Download' section... then install or uninstall them in the 'Manage' section.

When you go to install a car it will ask which existing car you want to replace.
    Pretty self explanatory really.
    There's something pretty bizarre driving around seeing loads of BTTF Doloreans driving around.

You need the Marty McFly skin for the true BTTF experience :D 88 MILES PER HOUR!!!!! :D

Advertisement