Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

allergic reactions

• 10-08-2003 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've had pierceings before in silver,gold etc. but it keeps gettin infected....has this ever happened to anyone else cos i really want my piercings!!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

What you appear to have is a nickel allergy. The problem with this is even 18k gold jewllery, silver jewellery & stainless steel all have enough nickel to set off a reaction. The only options open to you would be coloured rings (which seem to have a microscopic amount of nickel in them, but not enough in 99% of cases of people who have this allergy to cause a reaction) or titanium, which can be expensive, but it is the purest metal produced.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by dragon_ninja82
    The only options open to you would be coloured rings (which seem to have a microscopic amount of nickel in them

I believe you can now get surgical steel jewellery with NO traces of nickle in, niobium is a good thing to use also, it's an inert metal and is cheaper than titanium too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nina

Cheers lads!! thats super info!! I'm goin to get me my piercings!! Yahoo! :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

No probs Nina :)

Advertisement