Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INTERNET EXPLORER 5!

Options
  • 19-03-1999 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Well is it worth it,
    all download sites are direly slow,

whats it got thats different?

is it hip?

am i hip?

well ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Ive being using the beta for about 6 weeks now.

Very Stable, seems faster than ie4 best functions are saving you login and password to various sites, saving a complete webpage in one go including all the graphicsnice addons to favourites and ways to search your history.

Lots of new features something for everyone in fact smile.gif. Betas been so good its probably been 4 weeks since netscrape got loaded. In fact with this release i'd actually say its the deathkneel for poor auld NS, cept of course for those die hard MS haters..

Dont D/L it .... wait til its on the cover of every PC Magazine on the planet, ie3/4 or NS will do u til its freely available smile.gif...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Don't be so quick to write off Netscape.

IE5 is nice. Communicator 5, which I'm playing with a beta of, is much, much nicer again.

Okay, so the beta is a bit unstable, but it's a few months from launch yet. Doesn't take away from the fact that it now supports everything IE5 does, and more, and that the browser loads in about the time it takes for me to pull up a copy of Notepad... It's still got a much better mail client than IE as well, and a few little features that, while not fully implemented yet, are making me drool already.

I don't hate MicroSoft. But NS5 is light years ahead of IE5. Ye can see for yerselves soon enough... smile.gif

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

on the subject of loading
    why does it take about 2 minutes for IE3 to load, at the same time lockin up my PC!! ffs!
    same with cdrom drive, wtf is with that loike?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

it now supports everything IE5 does, and more,
    damn it better support DHTML cos its such a pain in the ass tryin to include Netscape code in your HTML to even view DHTML..
    awkard *******s most of the time but still a nicer interface than IE5 *sick*

• Advertisement

Full support for the DHTML COM standard, as seen in IE4/5, is included in Netscape 5.

Mata ne!
    ROb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yay!

It's called "Your PC is screwed and you need to reinstall windows"-itis.

ja na,
    Shin-chan

Advertisement