Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB & Linux??

• 10-08-2003 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I am hoping to install redhat Linux9 during the week, but can't seem to find Linux drivers for the Zyxel modem that IOL provided. Does anyone know a solution to this problem??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That's because there are no linux drivers for this modem.
    iirc there are some guys on sourceforge trying to develop drivers...but I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

I'll be getting the ZyXEL Prestige 630 from UTV in a while, and it's supported under Linux by the ECI ADSL project. Pity IOL don't provide the same model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by tomk
    I'll be getting the ZyXEL Prestige 630 from UTV in a while,

UTV and IOL provide the exact same modem, tomk, the prestige 630-11 which doesn't work under linux.
    That site you mentioned supports the 630-41 which isn't the same model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Thanks eth - I didn't realise that.

clownboy - it looks like we're stuck with Windoze for the moment. At least I am, until I can afford to splash out on a router.

<edit - following some furious lunchtime surfing>

Or I might get a PCI ADSL modem. I originally didn't consider this because there's no Smoothwall support, but there are Linux drivers for various models, so a custom Linux-based router is a definite possibility. Now all I need is my UTVbb (and the time....)

Advertisement