Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fps

Options
  • 21-03-1999 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

lo there i have a riva tnt agp
    but i cant get more than 25 fps
    i think i have done everything needed to make me get more fps but its not working
    i use d_mipcap 6 fov 130
    vid_mode 4
    but it still wont go any faster please help

iceman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

what res r u usin?? , btw isnt the shaft kool in gl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

OK.

It seems that u'r still using software quake rather than GLQuake. D-mipcap will have no effect on glquake and vid_mode 10 is the default video mode for glquake. I have an AGP TNT too and I get normally 50+ fps in battle so I would recomend that u use glquake.exe and glqwcl.exe to get the best from u'r TNT. Be sure to delete or rename the file opengl32.dll in the quake folder as its only for 3Dfx based cards and the TNT has a complete OpenGL ICD which means its opengl32.dll is in windows\system and the game will search for it there.

SB...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ice, are you talking about online or offline?
    If online, have you changed cl_maxfps and rate?
    Modemers usually use rate 2500 but you can up that a little (3000?) and use cl_maxfps of 40
    to force it to 40 fps. If those settings cause you pl then drop them a little.

DeV.

Advertisement