Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB outside Drogheda area

• 10-08-2003 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Im lookin for BB.

Im outside drogheda, a countryside area. And the Eircom region test says my landline is not in a BB region.

Is der anyhow i can get it? Was looking at Digiweb wireless but satelite is very expensive. E1800 or something.

Any advice or can i just not get it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by rander00
    Was looking at Digiweb wireless but satelite is very expensive. E1800 or something.

Digiweb wireless is not the same as digiweb satellite. The satellite is more expensive yeah. Wireless is about 50 euro a month or thereabouts, very affordable really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

There website is a bit unclear, no prices or anything.

Does any1 here have Digiweb wireless? How much is installation,ect....

And is wireless available anywhere, like in the middle of nowhere lik eme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Max

I enquired about Digiweb a few months ago. They said then that they were about to go live and they would do a test to see if I could receive their signal and they would get back to me. I haven't heard from them since.

Basically you need line of sight to their transmitter. They told me they had one on top of the LMFM radio station on Rathmullen Road in Drogheda. This would have suited me.

I don't know what other transmitters they have. Give them a ring. They were very helpful to me at the time but as I've heard no word since they may have run into problems.

I have since gone with UTV ClickSilver. Up and running now.

Hope this helps.

Max

I foned them (DIgiweb) there putting up a new transmitter on the Drogheda hospital in nxt week or so.

Told me to fone bk then but that if im within 5km of the transmitter ishould be ok. Which i am. It will be 45EPM before VAT 55inc vat approx, and E199 for installation.

Is click silver a wireless prrooduct?? how much is it? Any good for games?

Just went to the UTV site there, apparently my line is not in the availability region.
    Oh well, just have to wait for Digi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Max

rander.

You may know this already but ClickSilver is ADSL and costs 47.50pm + 99.00 installation.

I am not really a gamer so I can't help you there but I have downloaded various files and there are pretty quick. around 50-55KBps.

Advertisement