Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats this called

Options
  • 10-08-2003 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure whats it call but i'll try to exsplain it,

DJ's mix songs and sometimes they mix a well know song but with the owrds removed, sorta like a karaoke mix in teh sence that the word are not been sung on the cd. i cant think of the name given to this, anyone know it??, or know where to get in online,

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

A Dub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

you may be referring to the instrumental. Its not a mix by a DJ though-its what was originally made by the producer before the vocals were recorded to it. Plenty are available on kazaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

thatnks, gopher,

do you know what it's called when theres only the words? with no music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The jist of your post(s) suggest that you're looking for a particular song - but you've made no reference to one yet?

no i'm not looking for any one song, just looking for the names of this kind of music, it's a little hard to explain.

gopher was right about the instrumental, thats what i was looking for , i got a few differnt tunes with just the instrumental now i'm looking for a few tunes with just the words and no instrumental in it , but i dont know what to search for , i need the name of it ,

Like a song with no words and just the tune is called an instrumental,

i need a song with no tune and just words and its call ????????? anyone know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

Maybe try mucking about with "vocal track".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I'd search for the song as normal, but add the word instrumental to it. Works for me, if there is an instrumental recording for the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hmmm, I see what you mean now.

Perhaps you could try 'vocals' or 'unaccompanied'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

an accapella (sp!) is just the vocals to a track

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Or possibly "Vox"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I may have missread his post but i think hes looking for songs in which 2 other songs are mixed together but without the lyrics or with the lyrics of another song ? ala 2 many djs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if thats the case you should try searching for bootleg. (white label sometimes works as well if you're into dance music)

thanks guys ,

instramental and acapella where the 2 words i was looking for

thanks a million,

Advertisement