Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best albums of 2003

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

mogwai: happy songs for happy people
    the jimmy cake: dublin gone, everybody dead

was the tycho brahe album released this year? if so then that too. and if i can include a compilation the Teenage Fanclub lots of seconds one.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

interesting to note that St Anger hasn't been mentioned... i wonder why? :confused: (<- sarcastic)
    actually, it starts to grow on you after a while... like some form of rash.

i have to say that i liked NOFX - The War On Errorism. Fat Mike grew up or something...

And of course Rancid is still to come!

20 years ago this year Kill 'Em All was released.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

CDwow.ie actually stocked "The war on errorism" about a week after I asked them too so I got it for €13.99 (I think) as opposed to the bank account raping prices you gotta pay in Tower. Haven't had much listening of it although NOFX have always been pretty great. Live they are amazing too:)

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Mogwai - Happy songs for happy people
    or
    Manics - Lipstick Traces
    or
    Super Furry Animals - Phantom Power {its a real grower}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Definately not the spiritualized compilation, anyone going to vicar street? Why are spacemen 3 records ridiculously priced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

Originally posted by dregin-x
    Live they are amazing too:)

really, cos... i heard they suck live...

*ducks*
    i'm really sorry, i just had to!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by Saint-dotsie
    Why are spacemen 3 records ridiculously priced?

Err low-sellers I guess.. still hasn't stopped me from picking them up tho :)

Are they worth the 30 euro?
    Melody am was 2001 and what a fantastic album,
    Supergrass will never beat in it for the money and how dare it be classed in the britpop bracket its ****in rock of the highest calibre

Definately not the spiritualized compilation, anyone going to vicar street?

oh and yeah.. definitely going (soledad brothers are supporting!!!!!), spiritualized's new album does reek unfortunaly tho... still I wouldnt miss it..

did you see the ambassador gig?
    fave spiritualized record? pure phase is mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

I can't believe i had to go through 26 posts before someone mentioned Turin Brakes Ether Song... anyway i got some good cds in the past few months Mogwai, Manics, The Frames, today i'm buyin Elbows cast of thousands and Neil young's new album... got the Turn Album too, i got a few albums that i've been after for a while i got Hope is Important by IdleWild great cd

did you see the ambassador gig?
    fave spiritualized record? pure phase is mine.

nah didnt see them in the ambassador, it was sold out so i bussed over to galway to see them, which was the first gig of the tour as well .. was hella good :)

As for albums.. pure phase, lgm, ladies&gentlemen and let it come down in that order.

Amazing Grace is released the day after the Vicar St. gig, but its been available for the past couple of months on the net, not much to write home about unfortunaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

future kings of spain, great album but didnt think much of them supportin turn
    bellx1- music in mouth
    turn -forward
    and radiohead - hail to the thief

can you email a link or post it?

is it better than let it come down?
    wasnt pure phase their first?
    lgm was actually

can you email a link or post it?

I'll PM you a link tomorrow (its in work)

Just picked up the Soledad Brothers new album, Voice Of Treason, the other day, deserves to be mentioned on this thread anyway, bloody excellent and much better than anything they've released prior.. can't wait to see them at Spiritualized as well, if the latter stick to Amazing Grace stuff then Soledad Brothers should steal the show :)

it must be awful then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

snow patrol- final straw
    bellx1- music in mouth
    radióceann- hail to the thief
    mogwai- happy music for happy people

etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Belle and Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress

Such a great album, i'm so happy it's better then i hoped. although i had very pesimistic about it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vanessa

I got elaine k's new album in the post this morning from New York.. a cracker!

www.elainek.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

first of all, Supergrass are a fantastic band, not in the same genre as Blur etc....(they are clever in a way Blur can only dream about)

Surprising choice for me as best of the year - seeing as everyone else I know thinks its drivel of the highest order, I 'm going for Zwan - Mary Star of the Sea (its either early this year or late last)

Advertisement