Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a place in Ireland to buy NTSC ps2 games?

Options
  • 11-08-2003 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

maybe online that delivers to Ireland? on ebay(UK) they have PAL

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The two places I've used are www.ebay.com and www.buyright.net (I think thats the url I'll post later if I got it wrong.

Ebay is better for the second hand games but expect to pay a fortune for rare games. Most of the second hand games I got from buyright were dodgy but I haven't had any problems returning them or with their new games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 JCT

you can buy from over seas, but then you have to pay tons of shipping and that new tax, forgot what it was called though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

IM just curious about this but why would you want NTSC games anyway, have you an imported playstation or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you have your PS2 chipped you can play NTSC games. The advantages of this are many but here are the three most important to me and are also the reasons that I got my PS2 chipped.

1. No more dodgy PAL conversions. NTSC games are in 60Hz and in fullscreen. PAL games usually have big dirty black borders around the edges. However this is improving with companies now doing some decent conversions. FFX is an example of how bad this can be.

2. You don't have to wait 6 months for the latest games. Some games can take anything from 6 months to a year before they are released in Europe.

3. You can now play some classic games that will stupidly never be released in Europe. If you don't import you will be missing out on classics like Xenosaga and Suikoden 3.

Also the games can actually work out cheaper since europeans are generally ripped off when it comes to game prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

thanks for info guys!

yep pal versions suck! Twisted Metal Black was completely ripped off!

• Advertisement
Advertisement