Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a flat in Hungary

Options
  • 11-08-2003 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking to buy a flat in Budapest next year as a long term investment, does anyone know if there is an estate agency based in Dublin which sells flats in eastern europe?

I believe this is the safest way to do it, but if somebody out there has bought flats/houses in Hungary before maybe can give me some advice......

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

This is only a guess but you will probably find more agencies based around Germany and Austria that would deal in this type of thing. They'd still be in the EU so they should be no more or less secure than an Irish agency (I'd imagine).

Interesting idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try Liam Lawlor. ;)

Nah, get the Sunday papers and you should find a few ad.s in the Business & Property sections.

Be really paranoid about what you are getting into - make sure you are aware of the tax implications, ownership status (buying outright or a very long lease), etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

Expect ur talking about buyiing in budapest.

Do not go anywhere near the irish estate agents who are re-selling on property over here they are a robbing shower.

Get a translator when u get out there and visit all the local estate agents. Ask them for prices and keep going around.

It is the place to buy most definetly. Rent is okay but the economy is growing **** fast over there GDP is at 5.3 or 5.5 at the moment. US is at 2.3 and irish one is at .4 or in and around that figure. Worthwhile investment but dont be caught by the irish estate agents..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I saw these guys advertsising on one of the Broadsheets a while ago, think in might have been the independent.. so might be worth having a look at.. i dont know anyone who's used them or invested in Hungary though..

http://www.casaro-hungary.com/

and here's the irish link to the site..

http://www.budapestinvest.com/

Best of luck,

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

Thank you very much, I found many intersting information on those sites!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

No probs mate.. after looking at the sights myself, i might be doing the same myself if I ever get that raise im pushing for..

Can buy a 3 bed apartment over there for half nothing..

Best of luck with it.

Tox

Advertisement