Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Worst DSL Service Providers?

Options
  • 11-08-2003 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Which one is best?

Best/Worst DSL Service Providers (in terms of ping) 18 votes

Netsource - Good.
    0% 0 votes
    Netsource - Bad.
    33% 6 votes
    Eircomnet - Good.
    16% 3 votes
    Eircomnet - Bad.
    33% 6 votes
    esat/iol - Good.
    0% 0 votes
    esat/iol - Bad.
    16% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

depends on what you mean by good and bad.

Eircom are probably the most reliable. Esat business is probably the best package and netsource is the cheapest uncapped product.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that you specified ping in the poll.

Esat business has the lowest ping. All the radsl packages (eircom, iol, ns) should have the same ping as esat business but from what ive seen only the eircom one is stable.

NS seems to be hit and miss depending on your exchange, the time of day and whether the month has an A in its name. IOL not sure about but ive seen some complaints about spiking.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

I was just cursious to see what different ppl think of the service provider they are signed up to. i've read that some ppl think eircom's is best but i suppose the poll's result will show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by sirpsycho
    Which one is best?

Good/Bad is a bit broad for a provider is a bit vague. 3 or 5 options would be better,

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Netsource provide the crappiest service in my opinion, the connection has been a load of crap for 7 out of the 9 weeks i've been with them and most annoying of all its more expensive maybe a cap wouldn't be so bad after all:mad:

Advertisement