Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNT + Quake 2

Options
  • 16-03-1999 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Can anyone tell me any gl config commands for using opengl on a TNT, or are there any files needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

no files needed just go to options\video and change the device to default OpenGL.

SB...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Yo lol , on marks new PIII 450 we got the TNT card to work after we downloaded glide2x.dll and deleted the opengl32.dll
    OMG! I never new what i was missin until i saw it! 150 fps!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Um glide libraries really really really shouldn't work on Riva TNTs...

We were scratching our heads as to why quake OR quake2 wouldnt work in GL , but when we downloaded glide2x.dll AND deleted opengl32.dll it worked perfectly , it might be fluke but that is what happened , STB 4400 TNT card does that make any difference?

btw quake asked for the glide libs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

It doesn't use Glide.
    You deleted the OpenGl32.dll in the Quake directory I presume.
    Then it uses the OpenGl32.dll in the Windows/System directory which is put there when you install the TNT software.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Mr. Creeper is correct ! smile.gif

SB...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Yup, all i had to do to get glq2 workin on my tnt was delete opengl32.dll from the quake2 dir, and wow smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Yup, all i had to do to get glq2 workin on my tnt was delete opengl32.dll from the quake2 dir, and wow smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

and thats because opengl32.dll in your quake 2 dir was just renamed mini driver for 3dfx cards
    Gawwwd these newbies!!

• Advertisement

i am now enlightened , ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lol

thank you everyone......except Over"must be a quakeoner"lord...and his newbie b*****ks..haha...he was the one sitting down with head in hands for an hour going "i donno"...twas only after asking him that we put up this thread!!!

creeper....cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

lol what the **** are you on about ?

Advertisement