Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationals Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan Kavanagh

Race of the Day: Men's 1500m, followed by Men's 800m and Men's 200m.

Performance of the Day: Gary Ryan's 10.29 (slightly wind assisted) for the 100m, closely followed by Cathal Lombard's run in the 5000 and Joanne Cuddihy's new junior 400m record. Also Terry taking that 20th title.

Disappointment of the day: The many technical problems which beset RTE's first attempt at live coverage. Saw the tape when I came home and was almost unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Why did the AAI change the timetable to suit RTE when RTE show absolutely no interest in Athletics the rest of the year?

Also, why do meeting organisers persist with amateurish announcers?

I'm sue Brian and Nick are nice guys, but as Athletics' announcers they are clueless.

My two cent worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I thought that the performance of the meet was the 7.795? long jump of ciaran mcdonagh, and terry's 20th title, beating the strongest opposition he has had in 20 years.

i enjoyed the 1500m, but the LJ was the best performance of the meet by an athlete who does not get enough respect or support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fads

A lot of good performances,

Ryan in the 100m, McDonagh in long jump, Brizzel's win in the 200m, Caulfields comeback in the 800, Sheedy's double.

Performance of the meet had to be Thurnbull's win. He held on brilliantly. I noticed on TV that Nolan was waving a finger when the bell rang with 1 lap to go. Was it an acknowledgement that he was going to win, knowing him then you bet it was. Most have felt like he had a lot of egg on his face when he didn't win.

Good to see that they picked Ryan in the 4x4 squad, he deserved it.

Advertisement