Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes not coming up on site?

Options
  • 11-08-2003 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I am making changes to a site belonging to one of my sites. When I upload the changes and check on the url www.mywebsites.com/ clientname they appear for me.

Some reason when my client checks the site they send back an email on a couple of occasions saying changes have not been made.

Why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

he`s using IE right,

TOOLS > internet options > temp internet files > settings > every visit to the page

He`s using a cached version of the website

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

their ISP can also be caching it without your knowledge. simply tell your client to keep hitting refresh until a new page comes up. or try a different URL such as instead of trying www.whatever.com try www.whatever.com/index.html and they'll get the non-cached page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

Yeah if its IE they are using use the suggestion above, or hold refresh while clicking refresh - this should force a refresh from the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Originally posted by JJSolutions
    Yeah if its IE they are using use the suggestion above, or hold refresh while clicking refresh - this should force a refresh from the server.

I think you mean Ctrl and Refresh? Ctrl and F5 does the exact same thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

It's shift and refresh - afaik they changed it from control in IE version 5 and above.

Hold shift click refresh button
    It wont work if you hold shift and hit F5 though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

It's still Ctrl:

From the IE6 windows help file:
    Refresh the current Web page. F5 or CTRL+R

Refresh the current Web page, CTRL+F5
    even if the time stamp for the
    Web version and your locally
    stored version are the same.

Zaltais / aka Dog with a Bone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Thanks man!

Thats a bit weird, because it never seems to work for me unless I use shift!

Anyway, i think we have given him enuff to go on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

Yeah sorry it was shift I was ment to say -maybe its ctrl+F5, but shift+(mouse click on refresh button) does it too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The shift key isn't a modifier on F5 or the Refresh button, so it's the same as hitting F5 or Refresh without it. As Zaltais said, if you want a hard refresh, CTRL+F5 is the correct combination.

adam /gives the bone back to zaltais

Advertisement