Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F-Zero GX

Options
  • 11-08-2003 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Eurogamer Article

I'll be very likely buying this, I had great craic with the N64 version and by god if the graphics aren't *lubbily* in this:

4.jpg

Amusement Vision certainly know their stuff. As EG said,
    Nintendo's habit of farming out old franchises for GameCube development has proved very successful so far - and by giving them up to new development teams, has opened the door to hitherto unexpected levels of reinvention

The customisable aspect looks very intriguing indeed, it certainly seems a lot more though has gone into it than the sometimes bland N64 version. I haven't played the Snes one so I can't comment there.

Looking foward to trying Master level again and ending up sobbing naked in a cold basement whilst scrubbing my writhing body with a wire brush as it beat's me down again and again icon14.gif

Anyone know the release date over here then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by Mark

I haven't played the Snes one so I can't comment there.

:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get yourself an emulator and play the original game. It's worth it alone just to here the soundtrack.

Don't bother waiting for it to be released in Europe. It's due out in America this month. Get yourself Freeloader and import it from america. Thats what I'm doing. Otherwise you will probably have to wait 6 months for the PAL release.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

you'll need action replay to play this. freeloader does load the game but there's alot of text missing.. and in-game indicators like speed dial etc are missing.

codejunkies released codes that you can enter into the action replay to fix this.

i'd say this will be the same with the new nintendo games coming out so if you're gonna get a boot disc, get action replay.. should last longer than freeloader

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Would you need Action Replay and Free Loader.. or just AR?
    also... where do you import games from? (ie. website, or is there a shop that will do it for you?)

also... F-Zero GX looks amazing! I didn't know it was the same guys that did Monkey Ball.. that's great news as far as I'm concerend.. the racing in Monkey Ball was fantastic IMO.. and the game on the whole was superb.

Action Replay has the freeloader option already in it, so you just need AR. its only a few quid more off play.com

imports... depends what you're looking for. i admitedly got my zelda from importmadness but even though their prices are cheap-ish, the service has seemed to declined.

ive got my viewtiful joe and PN03 on pre-order from dvdboxoffice. theyre both at c$50 there, which works out at about €30 with free shipping :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

im lookin forward to new versions of the 'silence' and 'big blue' tracks. they were SOO good in f zero x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Originally posted by dr_funkenstein
    you'll need action replay to play this. freeloader does load the game but there's alot of text missing.. and in-game indicators like speed dial etc are missing.

I think these problems are only concerning the japanese version. As far as I know people are presuming freeloader will work perfectly with the US version. Might order AR just in case I think it's just an extra pound or two on play, I'm definently considering importing this because you have to wait until october for a PAL release afaik.

I've been looking forward to this ever since the first video of it was posted on these boards. The video on the zelda bonus disc is jaw dropping.

yea its true that its been happening with the japanese import of it. its worth getting the AR for the extra 2-3 euro or whatever it is. you can see future releases suffering from the same problems.

i'd be very surprised if the boot up code was changed in such a way as to eliminate the current freeloader problems with the jap import... nintendo are a very stubborn company... if anything, they'd change the code so as to make codejunkies job even harder!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard it uses the monkey ball engine. Don't remember monkey ball ever looking that good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Just placed my pre-order at NCSX :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by StarScream
    im lookin forward to new versions of the 'silence' and 'big blue' tracks. they were SOO good in f zero x

did the pal version have a different soundtrack to the ntsc one:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Ah the n64 game was great...one of the best n64 games I should say. tracks like silence(i remember going so fast on this track that I flew off it)...big hand...etc..:rolleyes: its times like this I wish i had a gamecube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'm going to grab the US copy.

I've played Amusement Visions Daytona 2001 to death so I'm really up for this now. God bless Sega.

This is like a dream for me (what kind I won't divulge). The only two companies that have made racing games that I enjoyed colaborating in making an addition to what is my second favourite racing game series.

Roll on Mario Kart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I'm a tad sceptical on this one...

I personally, at the moment, dont like the graphics. They're a little to dark and claustrephobic for my likings. The n64 was great because it was quite obvious that the grahpics were sacrificed for an excellent high frame rate.

My prediction: it will go the same way as mario kart did from snes to n64, so many extra things put in it and somehow it got worse.

I'd be more then happy for that to wrong though :)

I went back to F-Zero X not to long ago and finished master surprisingly easyily! The trick is to concentrate on killing as many of your rivals as you possibly can then going for 1st place. I had killed 5+ on most levels and usually came top 3, sometimes as bad as 8th. Still an excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

how many hyped games on the gc have turned out poor? very very few(i still think starfox adventures was good :)) and i predict this will be no exception. its been out in japan for quite a while now and if the reaction was anything less than extremly positive we would have heard very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

F-Zero on the SNES was great, DeathWind and PortTown were some of the best tracks.
    Wish I had a GC to get my hands on the new game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

*pats me GC on the top and goes back to playing zelda*
    Bring on Mario Kart. I want that game so bad!
    F-Zero GX looks cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah i'll probably do the same as my other GC games. Buy it then get annoyed at how NOT easy it is and stop playing.

I really hate the whole challenging thing. I like a nice smooth experience.

Advertisement