Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPs & Servers

Options
  • 21-03-1999 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hokay - to close up Micks can of worms.

1. The only rule I gave to all ops was act at your own discretion. Use your sense of humour or lack of, to determine what to put up with. Personally I think this Clan Curse thing is childish nonsense - and like Vex will kick on site. There are far too many takers and far too little givers out there. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN. I would like that "This is a complaint" comment to be retracted. You have no right to a list of OPs and none will be forthcoming from me. I dont want a draconian rule list per se, as I dont think its needed. There are only a few people out there who cause trouble - and all ops know em.

2. The Riker situation. Some1 posing as Riker tricked an Op into giving him the admin code. This was not the Riker we all know - its just not in his character. The Op came to me straight away and admitted it - so I have no problem - mistakes happen.

3. OPs. This is my call (with a little help from other ops). All have my complete trust, are mature and to date have handled themselves perfectly. I dont care who is "Pi$$ed off" with ops - if you dont like it - get off your ar$e and contribute.

Bottom line. Play on the servers. If you dont like the situation play elsewhere. Save the childish posts and comments for #GayQuake.

Slosh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

So there ! tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

in relation to this #gayquake thing.....
    is there a 'camp' skin in quake?
    is it like the crackwhore skin?
    just wonderin like, coz im bored. you know how it is smile.gif

[This message has been edited by WhiteWashMan (edited 21-03-99).]

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Jeez I rarely kick anyone in fact I think I've only ever kicked daa for the laugh and sure he didn't mind he knew it was only me. I think the other ops are entitled to do things at their own discretion I know some are ruthless bas*ards but as a fellow op it's not for me to interfear. On clan arena I personally don't think theres ever been a need to kick anyone unless they are personally insulting you or something like that.

however in pickup wars I'd like to backup what Dev said many moons ago and that is that considering people keep saying things like "Split the CW's" and "split the lpb's" meaning they want a fair war, I think it's only right that at the point of picking a team that all people use their real names so teams can be picked fairly, aswell as that a lot of unknown people have a habit of dropping out of wars half way trough and screwing sides up for everyone else. It takes long enough to get a war going, the last thing you want is some muppet dropping out for no reason.

Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

We also had Riker last week refusing to leave the war server so people who had booked it could play. That's a far more kickable offence than having a childish nick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I would like to know who the ops are. Just out of interest. As someone who plays on the indigo clan arena server alot and I mean alot I'd like to be able change settings (teamwise etc.) when necessary and there isn't always an admin handy. That's life I suppose. I am not an admin but obviously Slosh has chosen his team which is fair enough and I haven't had a problem with any of them so far.
    Before all this when we elected ourselves admins I never and I mean never kicked anyone. Was I lucky or have we got more children playing now. I only ever wanted admin so I could make sure games went off well. The only problem I ever had was the time Mickah kicked me and at the time I was very ****ed off because I couldn't get back in afterwards except as an observer. Mickah told me I had been messing and that was that. I have a strange policy in cases like that. One is I ask myself is this person normally a dosser? If not then I should say something, warn him or ask him what he is doing.
    What we need as has been asked is a set of guidlines for the non-admins and the admins. If any admin starts acting like a child then no more admin.

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭MikeS

Jesus Slosh,
    I thought this was a light-hearted discussion, but obviously you guys are taking it seriously.
    Slosh, you're attitude comes across as :
    "I don't care what ye think, I'll f*cking run the servers the way I f*ckin' like"
    Seeing as you see it necessary to have a load of OPS police the servers, do u not think the players should be givin some general guidelines???
    So like some of ye are gona kick and some of ye aren't gonna kickin the [curse] situation?!?!?
    C'mon Slosh, bit less of the Dictatorship and bit more helpfullness
    And Slosh, a MAJOR F*CK YOU TO YOU TOO, I do get off my ass a contribute, and was doin so long before yoo ever got here, so watch yer mouth in future. I was polite to you, I only expect the same back.

Mikah

Sory bout that last post

Jesus Slosh,
    I thought this was a light-hearted discussion, but obviously you guys are taking it seriously.
    Yes we are and u should too!

"I don't care what ye think, I'll f*cking run the servers the way I f*ckin' like" Now i think that jut becaouse 'u' dont have a say! Seeing as you see it necessary to have a load of OPS police the servers, do u not think the players should be givin some general guidelines??? Bullsh1t! they should all know by now!
    So like some of ye are gona kick and some of ye aren't gonna kickin the [curse] situation?!?!? If ya wanna join the ass hole team then do so!
    C'mon Slosh, bit less of the Dictatorship and bit more helpfullness. Two words " YOUR BLIND"!!!!
    And Slosh, a MAJOR F*CK YOU TO YOU TOO, I do get off my ass a contribute, and was doin so long before yoo ever got here, so watch yer mouth in future. I was polite to you, I only expect the same back. Well then stop being an assho1e an help!
    MikeS!

Mickah.
    As usual you are takeing this tooo far ffs cop on ! Settle mate! ffs calm down! ive seen u in action and if ya keep this sh1t up you will be all alone ! think about it ?

MikeS

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

ok then, what alternative servers can we play on?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Jesus Slosh,
    "I don't care what ye think, I'll f*cking run the servers the way I f*ckin' like"
    Seeing as you see it necessary to have a load of OPS police the servers, do u not think the players should be givin some general guidelines???
    So like some of ye are gona kick and some of ye aren't gonna kickin the [curse] situation?!?!?
    C'mon Slosh, bit less of the Dictatorship and bit more helpfullness

And Slosh, a MAJOR F*CK YOU TO YOU TOO, I do get off my ass a contribute, and was doin so long before yoo ever got here, so watch yer mouth in future. I was polite to you, I only expect the same back.

Mikah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Da

Who was on the server when Riker was kicking every1 there last weekend??? You cannot be serious when you try to defend his actions by telling us that it wasn't him, Slosh. It was not out of character and he is a ****ing *****. IF...IF it wasn't him...I don't really mind...if it was or not...but it still doesn't make up for all the kicking he has done before...he shouldn't have ops end OF ****ING STORY !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

OK just to defend myself here, Von that wasn't me and Daa that wasn't me. Any idiot can log onto a server and type 'name Riker' and do whatever he pleases. I know the idiot concerned who did the kicking last Wednesday and he has since been banned from the UCD computer room. End of story.

As far as the ops arguement, from what I can see Slosh has done alot of work on these servers and you lot are just a bunch of ungrateful b!tches.

Riker

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

god so pointless. listen, of course we appreciate the servers, only thing keeping q1 alive in ireland, and slosh set them up, cool. but why should we not try our best to better them? complaing? no right to do it?
    ok, ignore me, your perogative, no one will mind im sure. i wont. but why not resolve it? maybe slosh, your ****ed off with me for saying all this stuff!! just thought about that, well jesus dont be, just my opinion, not a complaint, if you prefer to see it as that. not ungrateful, just trying to improve something IIIII see as a detraction from perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Naww Nicky im not pi$sed off, with any of this. All opinions matter, but I still dont want to implement a strict set of rules. However if ppl want em lets get a vote going. If enough ppl say AYE then I'll chat with the rest of the lads and post em up.

Slosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Daa of all the people to get involved in this you are definately the one who can say nothing.

Don't know Riker, wasn't even aware he was the reason the ops code was changed. If Slosh says it wasn't Riker then I believe Slosh.

Gandalf.

Advertisement