Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl broadband in Rathmines?

• 11-08-2003 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Is NTL's cable broadband available in rathmines yet?

Thanks
    toil

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Call them and see 1800 923 005...

Its available in some parts of Harolds Cross and Terenure so it should
    be but better ring them just to be sure.

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

cheers,
    will give them a call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

any luck??

i called them a while ago and they said it wasnt availalbe in rathmines

RIc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I've been waiting for bb in D16 since 1999 from them. Dont hold your breath, NTL are the worst managed/financed company in the world. Its amazing theyre still in business.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

They have been fairly dodgy alright, my sis works for them and even she has said a few things that would make the hairs stand on the back of yer neck..

and not in a good way... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its available in terenure O_M_G!!! are you sure?

I moved to terenure recently and dint bother even asking ntl if BB was available here as i thought it was a tallaght thing still ?

/me gets v excited!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

.. no need to get excited!!

Its only available in parts of Terenure. When last I asked, they refused to tell me what parts it was available in. Back then (8 months ago ish) it wasn't available in the village itself.

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im fairly certain its availble around terenure college. My mates parents live on fortfield drive and they can get it. They can also get esat adsl, eircom adsl, all radsl and two forms of wireless.

what a waste :/

Longfield, if you cant get ntl, Esat business adsl is availble in the Terenure exchange and its the best adsl deal at the moment in ireland (109 pm,24:1, 512/256, no interleaving, no cap)

Rang them anyhow, not availavle :( ..Terenure college is a stones throw away too ..

Anyhow have netsource so happy enough with that for the moment.

Dustaz , the 256 up looks pretty appealing to me, however the product is a lot more than the netsource deal, unless if i go to esat do i still have to pay eircom line rental?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeah you do.

The thing is though, not only is the contention ratio 24:1 rather than 48:1 , Esat have NOTHING like the amount of ping/speed trouble that netsource have.

Basically, by all accounts the esat businness adsl is totally reliable and the best adsl deal in the country. Its still pricey tho :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by Longfield
    the 256 up looks pretty appealing to me, however the product is a lot more than the netsource deal, unless if i go to esat do i still have to pay eircom line rental?

You have to pay eircom line rental (in addition to DSL fees) with any/all DSL products if you want to have a voice line as well as the DSL.

With ESAT dsl exchanges, this Voice line charge is optional...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

yeah you don't have to pay line rental if Esat unbundle your line for you.

Only disadvantage is then you don't have a voice line, but sure if you have a mobile your fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

i dont have a phone line,
    am interested in getting dsl,
    so if i go to esat for dsl...i dont have to pay line rental?
    Or whats the story?

Originally posted by Cuauhtemoc
    yeah you don't have to pay line rental if Esat unbundle your line for you.

Only disadvantage is then you don't have a voice line, but sure if you have a mobile your fine.

Are you certain about that? , the only reason i have this line is for dsl ?

If i "unbundle" surely i must pay someone for the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

Just an update on this. I'm in Rathmines myself (Beside St. Mary's). Spoke with NTL and they said its available in some areas of Rathmines, but not unfortunately exactly where I live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Getting closer and closer to Ranelagh all the time... (wipes drool off chin).

Advertisement