Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just fitted 2 * 120mm fans and heater core into case - need suggestion for fan grill

Options
  • 11-08-2003 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

As above - over the weekend my friend installed 2 * 120mm Papst fans and the heater core from either a Ford Fiesta or Peugeot 205 into my system to complete the water-cooling setup. It seems to be running very well though I haven't had a chance to see how quiet it is yet.

We were in an attic with 12 other computers/monitors/people and the ambient temperature was very high, but the machine never went above 43c, even after 2 hours of Soldier of Fortune & Battlefield!

Anyway, I need to find a grill 'solution' for the top of my case, one that doesn't look crap like the regular fan grills. It's a Lian-Li PC-68, and the two fans are located in the top drive bay. I've been looking at some laser cut grills, but I'm having difficulty finding any online store that sells them for a reasonable price in the region (UK/Ireland). Anyone have any suggestions? Also, if you can suggest some other means of stopping stuff falling into the fans other than grills (mesh or other) please do.

Cheers,

Si.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

elara actually have laser cut fan grills pretty cheap, www.elara.ie, also www.1coolpc.com in the us ship over here and have good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Elara only do decent 80mm fan grills, and plain grills in other sizes but the other site looks decent enough so thanks for that.

Just in case anyone's interested, my CPU temp is 37c and the system temp is 30 - pretty impressive, though the fans need a bit of modding as they're still a little too loud. Pleased so far though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

these guys do a nice range of 80mm - might be worth an e-mail to see if they'll do bigger - pretend you're a trader and ask for some samples? :D

http://www.casepower.com.tw/eng/html/fan.htm

Advertisement