Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem v Modem

Options
  • 20-03-1999 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

How bout this for a desperate bid to get some games played before 2010. CW v Best Of The Rest. Regular games with fixed modem teams of equalish ability, machines and pings (except Scarab). No lpbs.

CW Modemers are

Tomb
    Von
    Blade
    Donron
    Alan
    Slaanesh

Best Of The Rest are (imo)

Mickah
    Koopa
    Scarab
    Chaos
    Reaper
    Bunny
    Lorcan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Sounds good, we want some good games shortly soon too, let u know by next week tho smile.gif
    Were playing on war1 only for obvious reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

What obvious reasons? Indigo is a way better server.

Cause erm better for english leds smile.gif
    i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Ehhh all of the players above are irish....

[This message has been edited by Scarab (edited 21-03-99).]

Ehh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

No moaning UK chumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

on the subject of lpb's , is there a pice of software that could introduce some "delay" and turn lpb's into hpb's???
    Im just wonderin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

If you proxy up correctly its very like a modem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

yeah you can set up the proxy to give you modem rate, pl and bandwidth, its exactly like a modem, althought from ul these days ure aswell off connecting two tin cans together with string.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

You can proxy up correctly from UL by adding ping, some pl and using a lower rate but with the unstable UL connections it's just going to be unplayable for yous. I would however like to let upcoming new potentially good players be a part of this, people who have shown true teamplay like tarzan and OCB, maybe even let one of them at a time play with CW.

I think this UL problem is only when a good few of them are on at the same time, because taz and guinnessman rarely get this when it's only them on late at night, it seems to be when theres 3 or 4 on and in particular when Osiris is on, you might want to consider shooting him or something.

Blade

No your an lpb and thats all smile.gif
    u can proxy up your ping but its still notthing like a modem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

um, thank for that vote of confidence there Blade

/me thinks that he is afraid of me tongue.gif

Advertisement