Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Link DSL-300G+

Options
  • 11-08-2003 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Great forum. Very interesting to read.

So I'm hoping ye can help me. I've just got the 300G+ modem, but I don't know the settings for IOL - when I try to connect in the config screen it says PPPoE server not found. I thought IOL was PPPoE?

Once I get the modem working with my desktop I want to plug it into my router (Linksys Wireless-G), should that be straight forward then?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by donspeekinglesh
    I've just got the 300G+ modem, but I don't know the settings for IOL
    PPPoE
    CHAP
    VPI 8
    VCI 35
    Username@iolbb

If it still can find the server then your line or a/c prolly isn't ready yet
    Once I get the modem working with my desktop I want to plug it into my router (Linksys Wireless-G), should that be straight forward then?
    In theory, yes. In practise, it depends on the router (not sure what yours is like). Some ppl have had a lot of problems getting theirs to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

With regard to getting your modem to work with the Linksys wireless router, try searching through the forms at:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk

From reading these threads, some of the common problems seems to be:

1) Same IP config address for both modem and router. Change the IP config address on the router (not sure if you can change IP config address of this particular modem)
    2) DSL-300G+ remembers the MAC address of the Ethernet card it was first connected too. So when connecting the modem to your router you need to either clone that MAC address or reset the modem and configure it again through the router.
    3) DHCP lease time conflict between modem and some routers. Its sorted out by a firmware upgrade for the router, if the manufacturer has made one available with the relevant updates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Thanks for the help. The problem I had was I hadn't set the VPI/VCI settings.
    I got it all working now. And it's as brilliant as I thought it would be!
    There is a conflict between the modem and router that can be solved by a firmware upgrade to the router. Without the upgrade they won't work together.

Advertisement