Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB brain not active

Options
  • 11-08-2003 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

Im developing a touchscreen based application with which I want to use the Microsoft on-screen keyboard osk.exe. I need it to show on pressing of a command button but it wont call it at all. Any ideas? I have this strange feeling im looking too deep and this is a simple problem and I cant figure it out,

Any help appreciated
    Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

what command are you using to call osk.exe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

This works on Win2k with vb6 for me.
    Shell "C:\WINNT\system32\osk.exe", vbNormalFocus

Failing that use the ShellExecute API call :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Originally posted by Evil Phil
    This works on Win2k with vb6 for me.

Shell "C:\WINNT\system32\osk.exe", vbNormalFocus

Failing that use the ShellExecute API call :)

Shell or the ShellExecute API should both work. You can't rely on the systems directory being called C:\WINNT\ system32 though. No worries though, since that directory (whatever it is called on a given machine) will be in the PATH system variable, so the following should do the trick:
    Shell "osk.exe", vbNormalFocus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I tried Shell earlier and it didn't work, must have been a syntax mix up on my part.

Cheers guys this line works perfectly. It was really wrecking my head. Thanks again
    Ger

Advertisement