Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurl agus sliothar anyone?

Options
  • 11-08-2003 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Anybody out there know where to get a decent reasonably priced hurl agus sliothar.
    Went into clerys and elverys and the gits were trying to charge me a whopping €35 + for them. I left them at the counter and said i aint a f*****g tourist and walked out. Thieving gits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

lifestyle sports ?

other than that go to killkenny ...I think they grow on trees there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

best place to get hurleys have always been if you join a GAA club.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

I bought a couple at a local club. Just went down one Saturday morning. I had to queue up with the mammy's who were buying for their sons and daughters. The Club was Ballyboden St. Ends but I imagine you can get them at most clubs . The only problem is that you need to go down early on a Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Yeah go into your local GAA Club shop and you'll get a Hurley for about €25 and a Sliotar for about €5 or €10.

Helmets are a bit more pricey at €55 (last years model) and the newer model is €70 - worth it though to save your mush :) Try out the O'Neills Factory Shop behind Wigoders on the Long Mile Road in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

dont buy a ****y mass produced hurl in a shop. always get ur hurls hand made from local clubs. this way they are way better and are often cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement