Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Niall Quinn MBE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

An MBE free with every six tokens of Kellogs Cornflakes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

a load of bull****...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I am disappointed that he took it. AFter all, he is a Dublin man and IMHO he has made the wrong choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well its more than he's got or ever likely to get by way of offical
    recognition in his own country.....I note you're from Dundalk! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He made his reputation and money in the uK. Donated a reported 1m from his testimonial to chatity here and in the uk. He deserved his recognition and award. He is not the first Irishman to recieve it but i presume being irish you have to do something a bit special to get it. Congrats to Quinny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have sent his book back to him lol, but seriously i think it is a joke, he may have made his money in the UK, but we are talking about a Royal Family that has never been very good to his country. The fact that they have never made any attempt to address the issues indicates their ture feelings.
    I was a huge Quinn fan, but when I got his book it was plastered with pics of him in a Tip jersey, not a sign of the Dublin minor player that people were proud of, hes lost one fan anyway but I guess he gained alot more different fans in the process. Quinn was/is recognised here, people had alot of time for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

we are talking about a Royal Family that has never been very good to his country.

True but are we not trying to move on from there and IMO its time to start looking to the future instead of harking back to the bleak past all the time.

I am no Quinn fan. I dont want to open up the saipan issue again but I consider his actions or inactions to have made a bad situation worse last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 harpsy

I agree with DundalkDuffman.

The government should introduce an award system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Don't forget another dubliner Sir Bob Geldof

hardly the greatest honour in the world but feck it, Ireland did nothing to recongnise his contribution to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

I remember that old Buckingham palace giving out lots of those MBEs to the average British subject
    Notably some the soldiers that massacred people on Bloody Sunday

Quinn is too polite, he should have told the boil family what to do with that MBE

• Advertisement
Advertisement