Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPS on indigo quake servers!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Why don't we just do waht any democracy would do and draw up a list of FUKKING RULES!?!

It's the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

DEV U LIE
    U KICKED ME ONCE at 17 September 1997 at 8:33
    !!!!!
    NO WARNING NEEDER!

I DEMAND RETRIBUTION

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Dev , i can see ur point about loosing the sponsor , but what the sponsor saw IS quake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

ere Vex werent you once called "Bart"
    ehhh
    c'mere Colm Kinsella wha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Heheh yah thats right BART its ot offense so its ok wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Some people see what is, some people see what could be.

Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Ok lads at this point this thread is wearing very thin.

It seems to me that the original post was simply tryig to make a pont that some people do not like the way that the servers are admined - that perhaps some admins kick too freely and some are intolerant...

Without a set of rules, you do not know what you may or may not do. Well I really dont think that a set of rules should be set down, if they are, they will be applied rigerously for fear that someone says well Vexorg let me do that last week..

I personally have never seen anyone get kicked for "camping" simply because its part of the game, few people can camp successfully and get points.

With any group of admins you will have different levels of tolerance - its something we all have to live with anyway, and from the other side you will find that players will have different levels of tolerance for authority when it is displayed. So as far as asking for a set of rules/guidelines so that you know how far you can push the admins before being legitimitely froced back into line ... there will probably be more people who will complin about there being rules on the servers.

The whole thing is a no win situtation if you get what you want now ie basic rules of conduct there will be a new thread from another group in much the same vein saying that its a game what gives you the right to make up the rules.

Not having the admin functions early last year killed off CTF because of all the muppetry going on on the servers.. I would hate to see any mod dying off because of muppetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

quakeworld killed off ctf, and anyway, this thread has probably made you admins more aware anyway, so its cool.

Advertisement