Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB down? or crap?

• 11-08-2003 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

IOLBB went down on me yesterday, connects, but no data transfer - 1kB in 10 Mins, scary stuff! And my dial-ups no longer work - IOL told me that a few ppl have this prob? Anyoine got anynews?

I'm in a net cafe now, not actually dan, tis einsturzende (but they dont have the german U for my name, and this blokes already logged in!) LOL. any help appreciated guys! :)
    einsturzende

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

No idea but mines flying it....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dan_dublin

its annoying! 2 days now! and now i'm paying to see if i can get help cuz tech support are no help, surprise surprise!

its doing my head in! yarr! 1 kB in 10 mins, thats 3,000 times slower than 56k! i'm angry, hungry and angry!
    eins..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Midnyte Rambler

Hi,

This sounds very like the problem I've been having since I first logged on to IOLBB...only maybe worse ...see my earlier post regarding same.....so you're not alone...

mind you..I've been suffering this for over a weeek now and they are supposed to be working on it but no-one has ever called back to update me.....think it's time I started sending emails...mind you ..cant do that either unless i go 56k again.....does your email work ?

I've had to log off the BB connection and use my 56k to post this even..cos I can access this site but if I try to post it just times out

Hopefully will be sorted soon or I will lose whatever patience I have left ..

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Mines flying...pretty strange its happening to you. What exchanges u on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

must say apart from the odd disconnection here in there(what can i expect when im on 24\7) iolbb has been brill for me too dublin3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Midnyte Rambler

well speaking for myself..all I have been told by tech support is that they are aware of the problem and it is at their end...but apart from that..diddlysquat... apparently they are as mistified by it as anyone I've said it to...cos my download speeds are fine when I can download.....and I've been an esatclear/iol customer (No Limits ) for over 4 years now and never had reason to complain..

I'm in the D15 area btw..not sure what exchange that would be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Im flying also
    On the Douglas Exchange..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

M.Rambler...:

(logged in as me again, sorry to whoever dan is!) LOL!

Well my dial up wasn't working either, always want a back-up, so I called Indigo and they had it sorted in 20 seconds, IOL are bullsh1tting, well they were to me anyways....

open control panel
    open network
    click on tcp/ip - dial up adapter
    click remove
    click add
    protocol
    microsoft
    tcp/ip
    then exit netowrk (via OK button, so it'll update settings)
    reboot machine
    and log in and get good data transfer rates (as opposed to 1kb in 10 mins!)

hope it works for ya, did for me, if only esat had tech support as helpful as indigo (who i believe are now eircom, which is a shock!)

Advertisement