Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question for ye!

Options
  • 23-03-1999 12:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sitting here in work using my lovely 17" monitor designing databases for our lovely staff but I'm just realising they don't have a lovely 17" monitor, only a crappy 14".
    SO how can I emulate the 14" look on my huge screen so as to make sure it will fit on their screen.
    640x480 is close but it then leaves me with less room than the 14" would have (for some reason) so is there a way of getting an authentic 14" look if ye know what I mean.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Build a graphic the same size as the resolution that you're using on your 17'' jobby.

Within that image, drop a 640*480 (or smaller) rectangle of a different colour.

Use the graphic as your wallpaper: the 640*480 rectangle is now your target size for your users nasty 14'' monitors.

I'm not sure if that makes sence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Well,
    If you are using an SDI, it is irrevelavant.
    The SDI application will resize to whatever size the user wants.

If you are using Dialog Based, then go back and start again, using SDI, or MDI.

Just incase...SDI means Single Document Interface, and MDI means Multi...Doc..blah..

I am assuming you are using Visual C++ or Visual Basic.

any questions...
    9725393@student.ul.ie

Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yes, Sit further away from your monitor.

Advertisement