Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can YOU help!

Options
  • 22-03-1999 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Well

Scenario 1:
    your sitting in front of a win98/win95 system, its got some poxy system lock on it, but its worthless (Run option still there)
    you want to find out system passwords, waht DO you do, what DOOOO you do?

Scenario 2:
    Some1's booted the machine (windows again) you're IN. You want to find the password they opened it with, waht DO you do, what DOOOO you do?

Scenario 3:
    You want to set up a programme on an open system to reformat after 3 days, waht DO you do, what DOOOO you do?

Purely theoretical mind you!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, all I can say is that Password files usually end in .PWL So, delete them all and there won't be any passwords curlydav.gif
    HINT Make your own passwords be rebooting and set the password or something...

Disclaimer I haven't a notion what I'm talking about...

All the best,

Dav
    curlydav.gif

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 22-03-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Ahem,

Erm, theoretically, as we know, it's impossible to firgure out the passwords on a Windows (TM) System. To see how impossible it is, search for PWLCRACK.zip on-line, and use it to decode the .pwl files in the WINDOWS (TM) directory. (Or some similiar package). You will then see that it's impossible to crack PWL files ahem, (shuffle of feet). I know, I've done.. oops, TRIED loads of times, and have NEVER been successful smile.gif I REPEAT NEVER been successful (/me makes tossing off motion)

Hail To The King, Baby.

PS Find me on IRC sometime, and I'll help you confirm all I've said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

if its a win95/98 system, it is not 'Locked' smile.gif

step 1. crack the bios (get "!bios310.zip" if you cant do this yourself) This step is easy normally in win95/98, cos there is no bios port protection on those systems by default.I still havent figured out how to crack the bios under NT without admin, but NT is broken(and crap) anyway, and its normally easier to get admin in NT than to bother finding out how to crack bios in NT smile.gif

step 2. boot off a dos floppy disk

step 3. format c: or deltree c:\*.* or whatever.. youre system is unlocked.
    at this stage, you can boot linux and use linux fdisk if you know what you're doing, or if you dont, run microsoft FucckDISK.exe and you can do whatever you want with your spanking 'new' pc

oh yeah, keyloggers kick the sh!te out of passwd cracking things anyday smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

Thanks for the help so far,

but waht about internet passwords?

well ? smile.gif

• Advertisement

keyloggers rule

Advertisement