Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig Of The Week

• 11-08-2003 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

IT'S GOT TO BE TURN AND GUESTS IN WHELANS ON THURSDAY NIGHT.
    IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE EM IN A SMALL ROOM AGAIN. I LOVE WHELANS
    MEOW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 caro

damn the working late on thursday!!! grr....first time i saw turn was also the first time i was in whelans and twas fantastic! gotta get myself fired by thursday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Definately. Thursday is also my birthday so I'm going to Turn. Anyone know who the "guests" are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

I DO I DO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

And you're not spilling, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i have stupid work on stupid friday, so i can't go out.... stupid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by madouva
    I DO I DO.
    he he he.... guess why..?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RobMcHale

The Future Kings of Spain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

Question: Are Turn always blindingly brilliant?? Has anyone ever seen them play a BAD set? Every time I see them play I am a little more impressed. Gonna break down and go buy the album today. :)

I saw Turn a trillion times and they've always been brilliant except for once at TBMC supporting Wilt: they looked really nervous and quite pissed off, probably they'd had some troubles that night.

To be honest though, I *love* their early stuff but they new album is a bit too mellow for my likes... also, the album release gig at Vicar St. didn't really blow me away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Great nite..

Respect to all..

Very hungover:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

this week's gig of the week will be, i think, METALLICA!

don't give me any of this "slane" crap...

but YAY METALLICA!

has anyone heard anything about the rumours that they're coming back in january?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IDONTKNOW

gig of the week was tadhg cooke, 66 electric and the beautiful losers in whelans, roll on lisdonvarna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

gig of the week will be electric eel shock!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

how bout week of the gigs as opposed to gig of the week cos i cant make up me mind.. turn rocked, but if the support'd been **** noone woulda redponded. which they did, so twas class.
    METALLICA TOMORROW WOOOOOOOO
    SLANE SATURDAY WOOOOOOOOOO
    LISDÚNVARNA SATURDAY WEEK WOOOOOOOOOO

i beat u all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

GOLDFRAPP and Massive Attack at the Point tomorrow or The Beat in the village on sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

inspite of metallica and manu chao, next weeks lol whos drunk

screaming skies and morello is probably gig of the week i wonder do they still play that tune
    dont dont dont dont............

so many mistakes

Originally posted by Saint-dotsie
    i wonder do theyt still play that tune
    dont dont dont dont............
    Actually we.... dont :) it's all new stuff

Look foward to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

after witnessing Goldfrapp last night, I satand by my earlier opinion....Oh my god they were amazing....

awe shucks ...why? that was a fantastic tune and i remember it after like a year and a half since ive seen you guys, yer rhythm section is it still as tight ?? we always had a lot of respect for yis..

Hey that's flattering, thanks SO much!! :)

I used to love that tune ('Don't run away') but... I dunno, it's hard to explain... let's say that after a while it just didn't work as well as it used to... you know what I mean? Actually all the songs that you heard are no longer, we restarted over about one year ago

However, I have it recorded somewhere at home, I'll burn you a CD if you wish. Hope you'll like the new stuff too.

About the rhythmic session, we have a new drummer... hopefully you'll find him as good as the aul' Fin

• Advertisement

does he look cool with headphones? its hard to pull off.... i would love a copy..from yer mp3s yis sound different more punky

Don't mind the Mp3s, that's a just a quick live recording. I'll stick some clips from the album soon. However, you'll catch us wed.

Thanks again for the nice words

Speak soon, A.

Advertisement