Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netsource rebooting problem

Options
  • 11-08-2003 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Dunno whats up with netsource tonight but i keep getting an error which reboots the pc (check the jpeg)

pic of problem

anyone else been getting this ??

earlier my modem said it was adjusting the bandwidth , dont know what that meant either !|!?

anyone got any ideas what this is ??

right click and save as for that jpeg , cant login into to stupid eircom at the minute

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

A friend of mine in London with NTL has the very same problem and the fault is with NTL not his PC. They have a message on thir status page.

Has netsource got a staus page?

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

some script kiddies seem to be attacking eircoms dsl ips with this newly discovered exploit. it is very very serious so install the hotfix as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Doesn't anyone use firewalls at all? Even the built in XP one should block this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    some script kiddies seem to be attacking eircoms dsl ips with this newly discovered exploit
    Given the amount of ppl that seem to be being hit, I'd say it's more likely a worm using the exploit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

I've been having trouble with netsource over the weekend, suddenly as of 23:30 the problem is sorted, would permit upload but not download, was odd, and yes I have a firewall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

As a sidenote, eircom don't seem to have known what the **** what was happening, first they said it was a line fault, then they said the problem was my fault. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

This is the first of the RPC worms - it's buggy and crashes XP regularly rather than just sitting there quietly until launching a DDOS on windowsupdate.com on the 16th (allegedly). It's also supposed to hang Win2K.

Can't stand over the accuracy of the above, but it's what i've heard.

To get rid of it:

Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "windows auto update" = msblast.exe

Kill msblast.exe in Task Manager

Delete msblast.exe it from winnt\system32

Get the patch mentioned above.

Update your virus signatures.

Do this at your own risk. Don't blame me if you bugger up your PC with the above words.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100547.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I work in internet techsupport for a uk company, got about 20 calls today with this problem. It's a virus/worm of some sort.

info also @ http://tinyurl.com/h84v

It doesn't suprise me that eircom had no idea what was going on. All our operators recieved a notice and fix for the problem within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RazorSharp

well all seems ok now for me ill post back later if i get any problems !

cheers for the help guys !!

looks like net source gets away with thhis one !!

haha:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Tourist

Hidden inside the worm are two messages. One taunts Microsoft chairman Bill Gates and reads: "billy gates why do you make this possible? Stop making money and fix your software!" The other is more cryptic and says: "I just want to say LOVE YOU SAN!"

Taken from here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3143625.stm

Advertisement